Man dies after stabbing in Hornchurch pub
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being stabbed in a Hornchurch pub this afternoon.
Police, paramedics and the air ambulance were called to JJ Moon’s Wetherspoons at 4.30pm and found the victim, believed to be 60, suffering from stab wounds and head injuries.
He was taken to hospital where he died just before 7.15pm.
Next of kin are in the process of being informed and a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
The Homicide and Major Crime Command has been informed and detectives have taped off a number of areas close by while forensic examinations take place.
You may also want to watch:
Inquiries continue. There have been no arrests.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'