Man dies after stabbing in Hornchurch pub
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being stabbed in a Hornchurch pub this afternoon.
Police, paramedics and the air ambulance were called to JJ Moon’s Wetherspoons at 4.30pm and found the victim, believed to be 60, suffering from stab wounds and head injuries.
He was taken to hospital where he died just before 7.15pm.
Next of kin are in the process of being informed and a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
The Homicide and Major Crime Command has been informed and detectives have taped off a number of areas close by while forensic examinations take place.
You may also want to watch:
Inquiries continue. There have been no arrests.
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 3 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 Second phase of St George's Park development now underway
- 6 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 9 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months