Raja Ali murder: Police hunt for silver jeep which crashed near attack on Elm Park man
- Credit: Press Bureau
Detectives investigating the murder of a man stabbed to death in the street have released CCTV footage of a car they want to trace.
Raja Ali, from Elm Park, died on Sunday September 25 after being attacked by a group of men in Stansgate Road, Dagenham.
Three men have been charged with his murder, but police are now trying to locate a silver Mitsubishi Shogun jeep which was involved in a crash nearby just before Mr Ali was attacked.
The jeep, registration P353PKE, was involved in a collision on Stansgate Road, Dagenham, at around 7.30pm.
It was driven onto the pavement outside Costcutter’s before it drove away from Stansgate Road in the direction of Listowel Road.
You may also want to watch:
The 33-year-old managed to stagger around the corner into Braintree Road where he was found by police and paramedics. He died at the scene and a postmortem gave the cause of death as stab wounds.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are appealing to anyone who may have seen the vehicle travelling to Braintree Road before the inciden.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
They also want to find out where it travelled afterwards and its current location.
Anyone with information should contact the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org
Three men aged 25, 21 and 33 have been charged with Mr Ali’s murder.
Five other men, aged 21, 21, 21, 26 and 27, have been arrested in connection and bailed to return later in November.