Rainham man part of ‘international paedophile ring’
A shop assistant from Rainham is among eight people who appeared in court accused of being involved in an international paedophile ring.
The seven men and one woman face 122 charges, including rape, inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, and possession of child pornography.
The charges relate to three children under the age of 13, and are alleged to have taken place between 2008 and 2010.
The seven are:
John Maddox, 46, of Ellis Avenue, who is facing charges including aiding or abetting the rape of a child.
You may also want to watch:
Robert Hathaway, 36, of Tyesley Road, Portsmouth, who is facing charges including rape, sexual assault and causing a child to engage in sexual activity.
Melissa Noon, 29, of Tyesley Road, Portsmouth, who is facing charges of sexual assault, causing a child to watch a sexual act and inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Cabinet to vote on proposed changes to how housing is allocated in Havering
- 9 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 10 Shaken Not Stirred: James Bond fan co-founds group and brings thousands of 007 lovers together
Lee Parson, 37, of Arundel Street, Portsmouth, faces eight charges involving indecent photos of children.
Simon Hilton, 28, of Wolsey Road, London, who is facing charges including assault by touching and inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
Mark Day, 45, of Whitefriars Meadow, Sandwich, Kent, who is facing charges of facilitating a sexual offence and aiding or abetting the rape of a child.
Daniel Bell, 26, of St James Road, Emsworth, who is facing charges of distributing indecent images of children and aiding or abetting the rape of a child.
Stephen Fraser, 41, Hemingford Road, Cambridge, who is facing charges of making indecent images of children and engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child.
Judge Roger Hetherington adjourned the case for a plea and case management hearing on July 15.
A trial, expected to last eight weeks, is due to take place in September.
Maddox, Day and Bell were all released on conditional bail.
The other defendants were remanded in custody.
The other four were remanded in custody.