Rainham man part of ‘international paedophile ring’
A shop assistant from Rainham is among eight people who appeared in court accused of being involved in an international paedophile ring.
The seven men and one woman face 122 charges, including rape, inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, and possession of child pornography.
The charges relate to three children under the age of 13, and are alleged to have taken place between 2008 and 2010.
The seven are:
John Maddox, 46, of Ellis Avenue, who is facing charges including aiding or abetting the rape of a child.
You may also want to watch:
Robert Hathaway, 36, of Tyesley Road, Portsmouth, who is facing charges including rape, sexual assault and causing a child to engage in sexual activity.
Melissa Noon, 29, of Tyesley Road, Portsmouth, who is facing charges of sexual assault, causing a child to watch a sexual act and inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 5 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 6 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 7 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 8 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 9 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
Lee Parson, 37, of Arundel Street, Portsmouth, faces eight charges involving indecent photos of children.
Simon Hilton, 28, of Wolsey Road, London, who is facing charges including assault by touching and inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
Mark Day, 45, of Whitefriars Meadow, Sandwich, Kent, who is facing charges of facilitating a sexual offence and aiding or abetting the rape of a child.
Daniel Bell, 26, of St James Road, Emsworth, who is facing charges of distributing indecent images of children and aiding or abetting the rape of a child.
Stephen Fraser, 41, Hemingford Road, Cambridge, who is facing charges of making indecent images of children and engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child.
Judge Roger Hetherington adjourned the case for a plea and case management hearing on July 15.
A trial, expected to last eight weeks, is due to take place in September.
Maddox, Day and Bell were all released on conditional bail.
The other defendants were remanded in custody.
The other four were remanded in custody.