Rainham man part of ‘international paedophile ring’
A shop assistant from Rainham is among eight people who appeared in court accused of being involved in an international paedophile ring.
The seven men and one woman face 122 charges, including rape, inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, and possession of child pornography.
The charges relate to three children under the age of 13, and are alleged to have taken place between 2008 and 2010.
The seven are:
John Maddox, 46, of Ellis Avenue, who is facing charges including aiding or abetting the rape of a child.
You may also want to watch:
Robert Hathaway, 36, of Tyesley Road, Portsmouth, who is facing charges including rape, sexual assault and causing a child to engage in sexual activity.
Melissa Noon, 29, of Tyesley Road, Portsmouth, who is facing charges of sexual assault, causing a child to watch a sexual act and inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 3 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 4 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 5 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 6 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 7 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 8 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
Lee Parson, 37, of Arundel Street, Portsmouth, faces eight charges involving indecent photos of children.
Simon Hilton, 28, of Wolsey Road, London, who is facing charges including assault by touching and inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
Mark Day, 45, of Whitefriars Meadow, Sandwich, Kent, who is facing charges of facilitating a sexual offence and aiding or abetting the rape of a child.
Daniel Bell, 26, of St James Road, Emsworth, who is facing charges of distributing indecent images of children and aiding or abetting the rape of a child.
Stephen Fraser, 41, Hemingford Road, Cambridge, who is facing charges of making indecent images of children and engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child.
Judge Roger Hetherington adjourned the case for a plea and case management hearing on July 15.
A trial, expected to last eight weeks, is due to take place in September.
Maddox, Day and Bell were all released on conditional bail.
The other defendants were remanded in custody.
The other four were remanded in custody.