Rainham man charged with possessing indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with 19 counts of possessing indecent images of children.
Ian Shingler, 40, of Broadis Way, Rainham, will appear at Basildon Crown Court in the week of September 14 to face the charges.
Nine of the counts relate to category A photographs, nine are category B and the other category C.
Category A refers to penetrative sexual activity, category B is non-penetrative sexual activity and category C is other images not falling within A or B.
Mr Shingler was arrested on March 20.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today for a first hearing. He did not make a plea.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 7 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 8 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 9 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars