Rainham man charged with conspiracy to steal £600,000 of vehicles
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old man has been charged with conspiracy to steal more than £600,000 worth of vehicles.
Iain Sellers, from Willoughby Drive, was charged on May 9 after he is suspected of being part of a group that stole more than 50 vehicles, mainly Ford Transits and Fiestas, from east London and Essex in 2013.
Sellers will appear at Basildon Magistrates’ Court on May 29.
Lee Morris, 36, of Seven Sisters Road, was also charged with the offence on May 18.
He will appear in before magistrates in Basildon on May 22.
Six other males, who were arrested on April 28, have been charged with the same offence.
These are Ricky Steed, 21, from Lindisfarne Road, Dagenham, Danny Johnson, 26, from Coombes Road, Dagenham, Aaron Moule, 28, from Springfield Gardens, Woodford Green, George Smithson, 21, from Copper Beech, Harlow, Steven Smithson, 44, from Copper Beech, Harlow, and Danny Gumble, 35, from Copshall Close, Harlow.
- 1 Romford pair to 'bring a little bit of raving' to 'more mature' Hornchurch community
- 2 Watch: Brawl erupts on Heath Park street outside pub
- 3 Man, 52, found with head injuries in Hornchurch
- 4 Teen taken to hospital as 'priority' after being stabbed in Rainham
- 5 Unvaccinated patients may need to take Covid tests for hospital appointments as cases rise
- 6 'Absolutely disgusting': 'Design defect' blamed for Harold Wood fountain repeatedly breaking
- 7 Green light for four-storey residential-commercial buildings to replace old NatWest and Beresfords in Upminster
- 8 Romford theatre company celebrates 60 years with Shakespeare park performance
- 9 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 10 Application to open Papa John's takeaway in Hornchurch
These men have been bailed to appear at Basildon Crown Court on July 28.