Rainham man attacked for defending girl on first date
A VALIANT Rainham man, out on his first date with a new girlfriend, was set upon by thugs after he stuck up to one who had made lewd comments about his companion.
The 23-year-old was punched in the face by an attacker, as the couple waited to be collected form Hornchurch Underground Station, just after 12.15am on January 21.
Friends of the attacker waded into the fray, dragging the victim to Charcoal Grill, in Station Lane, where they continued to punch him.
He received “significant injuries” to his face, a Havering Police spokesman said.
Officers have released of CCTV image of a man they want to talk to in connection with the assault.
He is believed to be between 20 and 25-years-old, of stocky build.
He was wearing grey jogging bottoms and a white top with a number three printed on the back.
- 1 Man in critical condition after 'deliberate' hit and run in Hornchurch
- 2 3 Romford arrests in modern slavery, cannabis and money laundering probe
- 3 Owner calls support for new Gidea Park pizzeria 'overwhelming'
- 4 Council to inspect 'dangerous' space outside Upminster homes
- 5 Councillor leaves HRA group on council over Labour agreement
- 6 ‘Lawless’: Further issues raised with state and maintenance of Romford car park
- 7 Hundreds oppose Harold Wood scheme to stop cars driving around schools at peak times
- 8 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 9 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 10 Permission granted for streetlights along footpath to hospital
Witnesses are asked to contact DC Abby Upton at Romford Police Station on: 0300 123 1212