Rainham man attacked for defending girl on first date
A VALIANT Rainham man, out on his first date with a new girlfriend, was set upon by thugs after he stuck up to one who had made lewd comments about his companion.
The 23-year-old was punched in the face by an attacker, as the couple waited to be collected form Hornchurch Underground Station, just after 12.15am on January 21.
Friends of the attacker waded into the fray, dragging the victim to Charcoal Grill, in Station Lane, where they continued to punch him.
He received “significant injuries” to his face, a Havering Police spokesman said.
Officers have released of CCTV image of a man they want to talk to in connection with the assault.
You may also want to watch:
He is believed to be between 20 and 25-years-old, of stocky build.
He was wearing grey jogging bottoms and a white top with a number three printed on the back.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 4 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 5 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 6 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 7 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 8 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 9 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 10 Charity's 10 years of teaching safe travel to vulnerable young people
Witnesses are asked to contact DC Abby Upton at Romford Police Station on: 0300 123 1212