Rainham man attacked for defending girl on first date
A VALIANT Rainham man, out on his first date with a new girlfriend, was set upon by thugs after he stuck up to one who had made lewd comments about his companion.
The 23-year-old was punched in the face by an attacker, as the couple waited to be collected form Hornchurch Underground Station, just after 12.15am on January 21.
Friends of the attacker waded into the fray, dragging the victim to Charcoal Grill, in Station Lane, where they continued to punch him.
He received “significant injuries” to his face, a Havering Police spokesman said.
Officers have released of CCTV image of a man they want to talk to in connection with the assault.
You may also want to watch:
He is believed to be between 20 and 25-years-old, of stocky build.
He was wearing grey jogging bottoms and a white top with a number three printed on the back.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
Witnesses are asked to contact DC Abby Upton at Romford Police Station on: 0300 123 1212