Rainham man attacked for defending girl on first date
A VALIANT Rainham man, out on his first date with a new girlfriend, was set upon by thugs after he stuck up to one who had made lewd comments about his companion.
The 23-year-old was punched in the face by an attacker, as the couple waited to be collected form Hornchurch Underground Station, just after 12.15am on January 21.
Friends of the attacker waded into the fray, dragging the victim to Charcoal Grill, in Station Lane, where they continued to punch him.
He received “significant injuries” to his face, a Havering Police spokesman said.
Officers have released of CCTV image of a man they want to talk to in connection with the assault.
You may also want to watch:
He is believed to be between 20 and 25-years-old, of stocky build.
He was wearing grey jogging bottoms and a white top with a number three printed on the back.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 7 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 8 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 9 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused
- 10 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
Witnesses are asked to contact DC Abby Upton at Romford Police Station on: 0300 123 1212