Prom dresses stolen from Romford shop
- Credit: Archant
Two prom dresses with a combined value of £1,200 have been stolen from an independent dress shop by opportunistic thieves.
Police want to speak to these two girls, pictured on CCTV, over the thefts from Confetti and Couture in High Street, Romford, on March 11.
Thenjiwe Sibanda, store owner for five years, said three girls walked into the shop shortly before it was due to close, at about 5.15pm.
One of the girls apparentlly said she was getting married, while the other two carried out the theft.
“One was pretending she was a bride,” explained Thenjiwe. “The other two went to the prom dress section.”
You may also want to watch:
CCTV footage shows two girls putting dresses under their coats, before zipping them up and leaving the shop. There was only one member of staff in the front of the shop at the time.
“They were the two dearest dresses,” said Thenjiwe. “It is a lot of business for us.
- 1 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 2 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 3 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 Sewage floods home of family with one-day-old newborn after heavy rain
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 10 Detectives appealing for witnesses to fatal collision near Upminster
“It’s something you expect on TV or in a film, not in your shop.”
Police are investigating the theft and appealing for anyone who knows the two girls pictured to contact them by calling 101.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.