Police with sniffer dogs called to Collier Row Tesco Metro during attempted burglary
- Credit: Archant
Burglars attempting to break into a Collier Row supermarket early this morning (Friday, August 3) were sent running when they activated the store’s alarm system and police arrived with sniffer dogs.
Police were still at the Collier Row Tesco Metro store in Collier Row Lane at 8.30am.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: “Our officers were called out at 5.22am when the shop’s alarm was set off by someone attempting to force entry into the building.
“We deployed with sniffer dogs and did a full search of the premises but no suspects were found.”
It is not yet known if the store will open today.
You may also want to watch:
Tesco has been contacted for comment.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 6 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 8 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell