Police with sniffer dogs called to Collier Row Tesco Metro during attempted burglary
- Credit: Archant
Burglars attempting to break into a Collier Row supermarket early this morning (Friday, August 3) were sent running when they activated the store’s alarm system and police arrived with sniffer dogs.
Police were still at the Collier Row Tesco Metro store in Collier Row Lane at 8.30am.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: “Our officers were called out at 5.22am when the shop’s alarm was set off by someone attempting to force entry into the building.
“We deployed with sniffer dogs and did a full search of the premises but no suspects were found.”
It is not yet known if the store will open today.
You may also want to watch:
Tesco has been contacted for comment.
- 1 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 2 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Romford girl secures Las Vegas trip after winning Teen Miss Diamond UK
- 5 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 6 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 7 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 8 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 9 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 10 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens