Police with sniffer dogs called to Collier Row Tesco Metro during attempted burglary
- Credit: Archant
Burglars attempting to break into a Collier Row supermarket early this morning (Friday, August 3) were sent running when they activated the store’s alarm system and police arrived with sniffer dogs.
Police were still at the Collier Row Tesco Metro store in Collier Row Lane at 8.30am.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: “Our officers were called out at 5.22am when the shop’s alarm was set off by someone attempting to force entry into the building.
“We deployed with sniffer dogs and did a full search of the premises but no suspects were found.”
It is not yet known if the store will open today.
You may also want to watch:
Tesco has been contacted for comment.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 8 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal