Police warn Brentwood residents after latest distraction burglary
- Credit: Archant
Police in Brentwood are warning residents to be wary of people knocking on their doors and offering building or garden work following a spate of distraction burglaries.
The warning follows the latest incident where a retired woman had a four-figure sum stolen from her property.
Two men knocked on the door of a house in Cedar Road, Hutton, at around 1pm last Friday and said they were there to fix the roof.
The victim paid them £300 for the work to be completed but she was deliberately distracted and they stole a sum of cash from her handbag and left the premises.
Det Con Patrick Snape of Brentwood CID is urging for anyone to come forward who may have seen a white van and the two men both described as white by the victim.
You may also want to watch:
She did not get a good look at one man but the other she described as having blonde hair and was of average height.
Det Con Snape said: “There have been three other distraction burglary offences in different parts of Brentwood in the last month and I urge the public to be cautious about who they let inside their home.”
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell