Police warn Brentwood residents after latest distraction burglary
- Credit: Archant
Police in Brentwood are warning residents to be wary of people knocking on their doors and offering building or garden work following a spate of distraction burglaries.
The warning follows the latest incident where a retired woman had a four-figure sum stolen from her property.
Two men knocked on the door of a house in Cedar Road, Hutton, at around 1pm last Friday and said they were there to fix the roof.
The victim paid them £300 for the work to be completed but she was deliberately distracted and they stole a sum of cash from her handbag and left the premises.
Det Con Patrick Snape of Brentwood CID is urging for anyone to come forward who may have seen a white van and the two men both described as white by the victim.
You may also want to watch:
She did not get a good look at one man but the other she described as having blonde hair and was of average height.
Det Con Snape said: “There have been three other distraction burglary offences in different parts of Brentwood in the last month and I urge the public to be cautious about who they let inside their home.”
- 1 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 2 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 3 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 Sewage floods home of family with one-day-old newborn after heavy rain
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 10 Drains in area repeatedly flooded to be next inspected during bad weather