Police want to trace these men after ‘Romford’ pair steal black Range Rover Sport in Lewisham
- Credit: Archant
Police want to trace these men after a pair of con artists claiming to be from Romford stole a black Range Rover Sport.
It was taken from an estate agent’s shop in Lewisham, south London, on Saturday, July 6, at about 8.30pm.
Its owner advertised it on Auto Trader and received a call from a man who said he was from Romford and wanted to view it.
He arranged to meet the man, who turned up with an accomplice, outside the shop.
The pair asked the victim to take them for a test drive. The victim started the engine before leaving the car to lock up his shop.
You may also want to watch:
When he returned, he found one of the men had slid across into the driver’s seat and was reversing the car.
He then made off up Lewisham Way towards Lewisham.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
Both suspects are described as Asian, with London accents.
The first was aged 24 to 27, about 5’4” in height, of thin build, with a black beard down to his chest.
He had short black hair and was wearing a light-coloured top with dark trousers and white trainers.
The second was aged 26 to 27 and was about 5’10”. He was of very thin build and clean shaven with short, black hair.
He was wearing a grey tracksuit.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact Lewisham’s Serious Acquisitive Crime Unit on 0208 284 8314. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.