Police want to trace these men after ‘Romford’ pair steal black Range Rover Sport in Lewisham
- Credit: Archant
Police want to trace these men after a pair of con artists claiming to be from Romford stole a black Range Rover Sport.
It was taken from an estate agent’s shop in Lewisham, south London, on Saturday, July 6, at about 8.30pm.
Its owner advertised it on Auto Trader and received a call from a man who said he was from Romford and wanted to view it.
He arranged to meet the man, who turned up with an accomplice, outside the shop.
The pair asked the victim to take them for a test drive. The victim started the engine before leaving the car to lock up his shop.
When he returned, he found one of the men had slid across into the driver’s seat and was reversing the car.
He then made off up Lewisham Way towards Lewisham.
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 3 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 4 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 5 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 6 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 7 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 8 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
- 9 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
- 10 'Abused, slapped and spat at': New Romford shopping centre tells of racist abuse suffered by staff
Both suspects are described as Asian, with London accents.
The first was aged 24 to 27, about 5’4” in height, of thin build, with a black beard down to his chest.
He had short black hair and was wearing a light-coloured top with dark trousers and white trainers.
The second was aged 26 to 27 and was about 5’10”. He was of very thin build and clean shaven with short, black hair.
He was wearing a grey tracksuit.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact Lewisham’s Serious Acquisitive Crime Unit on 0208 284 8314. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.