Police seek man after teenager sexually assaulted on bus in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help identifying a man after a teenager was assaulted on a bus in Rainham.
A 15 year-old girl was sexually assaulted on the 372 bus route travelling on Bridge Road, Rainham, on August 27 at about 11am.
The suspect stroked the girl’s leg and as she got up to move away, grabbed her and forced her onto his lap.
Police described the suspect as a black male, aged between 15 and 20, with short hair.
A CCTV image of a man wish to speak to in connection with the assault has ben released. The man is wearing red shorts, a dark grey hoodie and he was carrying a dark bag with white straps.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Met Police’s Roads and Transport Policing Command released CCTV images of the young man taken from the bus.
Anyone with information should contact Pc Jeremy Collinson from on 07824 545723, quoting reference 188793.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 2 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 7 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 8 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
The Met Police along with Transport for London, the British Transport Police and City of London Police, recently launched the ‘Report it to stop it’ campaign which aims to increase the reporting of unwanted sexual behaviour on public transport in London.