Police search for Romford man and abducted son
- Credit: Archant
Police have appealed for help to find a Romford man believed to have abducted his three-year-old son from his foster parents.
Robert Gurling and his son were both seen at Great Notley, near Braintree, at about 10.30am yesterday (Sat) morning.
Despite an extensive police search by ground units and the police helicopter the pair were not traced.
DCI Simon Werrett, of Essex Police, said: “Mr Gurling has abducted his child from the foster parents. He is not allowed unsupervised access to the child and therefore we need to urgently locate the child to ensure he is safe and well.”
Mr Gurling is white, aged in his 40s, 6ft tall, of medium build and has cropped dark brown greying hair. He was wearing a grey tracksuit top and jeans.
You may also want to watch:
The boy has blonde hair and was wearing a jacket, grey tracksuit bottoms and red trainers.
They may be travelling in a blue car.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
Anyone who sees them should phone 999 immediately.
Anyone with less-urgent information about their whereabouts should call Essex Police on 01245 282103.