Police search for Romford man and abducted son
- Credit: Archant
Police have appealed for help to find a Romford man believed to have abducted his three-year-old son from his foster parents.
Robert Gurling and his son were both seen at Great Notley, near Braintree, at about 10.30am yesterday (Sat) morning.
Despite an extensive police search by ground units and the police helicopter the pair were not traced.
DCI Simon Werrett, of Essex Police, said: “Mr Gurling has abducted his child from the foster parents. He is not allowed unsupervised access to the child and therefore we need to urgently locate the child to ensure he is safe and well.”
Mr Gurling is white, aged in his 40s, 6ft tall, of medium build and has cropped dark brown greying hair. He was wearing a grey tracksuit top and jeans.
You may also want to watch:
The boy has blonde hair and was wearing a jacket, grey tracksuit bottoms and red trainers.
They may be travelling in a blue car.
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 5 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 6 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 7 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 8 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 9 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
Anyone who sees them should phone 999 immediately.
Anyone with less-urgent information about their whereabouts should call Essex Police on 01245 282103.