Police search for Romford man and abducted son
- Credit: Archant
Police have appealed for help to find a Romford man believed to have abducted his three-year-old son from his foster parents.
Robert Gurling and his son were both seen at Great Notley, near Braintree, at about 10.30am yesterday (Sat) morning.
Despite an extensive police search by ground units and the police helicopter the pair were not traced.
DCI Simon Werrett, of Essex Police, said: “Mr Gurling has abducted his child from the foster parents. He is not allowed unsupervised access to the child and therefore we need to urgently locate the child to ensure he is safe and well.”
Mr Gurling is white, aged in his 40s, 6ft tall, of medium build and has cropped dark brown greying hair. He was wearing a grey tracksuit top and jeans.
You may also want to watch:
The boy has blonde hair and was wearing a jacket, grey tracksuit bottoms and red trainers.
They may be travelling in a blue car.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 5 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 6 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 7 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 8 Hornchurch Athletic captain excited by league switch and a new sponsorship deal
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
Anyone who sees them should phone 999 immediately.
Anyone with less-urgent information about their whereabouts should call Essex Police on 01245 282103.