Police release images of men seen at Brentwood station at the time of ‘knuckleduster’ assault
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV pictures of a group of six men they wish to speak to in connection with a “knuckleduster” attack at Brentwood station.
The 20-year-old victim, from Brentwood, was left with a cut above his eye after the attack just before 6pm on March 6.
See the picture gallery to the right.
The investigating officer, Det Con David Bishop, said: “[The victim] was initially approached in the booking hall area of the station by one young man.
“He was then followed onto platform three by the same man who had been joined by five others.”
You may also want to watch:
The victim was then struck by at least two of the group.
The officer continued: “The victim described being hit by one of the men with what he believed may have been a knuckleduster.
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 5 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 6 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 7 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 8 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 9 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
“This was a frightening assault that left the victim requiring hospital treatment.
“I’d urge anyone who was at the station at the time of the incident, or who recognises any of the men pictured to please get in touch.”
Anyone with information should contact the British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting “LNA/B8 of 13/03/14” or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.