Police release images of men seen at Brentwood station at the time of ‘knuckleduster’ assault
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV pictures of a group of six men they wish to speak to in connection with a “knuckleduster” attack at Brentwood station.
The 20-year-old victim, from Brentwood, was left with a cut above his eye after the attack just before 6pm on March 6.
See the picture gallery to the right.
The investigating officer, Det Con David Bishop, said: “[The victim] was initially approached in the booking hall area of the station by one young man.
“He was then followed onto platform three by the same man who had been joined by five others.”
You may also want to watch:
The victim was then struck by at least two of the group.
The officer continued: “The victim described being hit by one of the men with what he believed may have been a knuckleduster.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
“This was a frightening assault that left the victim requiring hospital treatment.
“I’d urge anyone who was at the station at the time of the incident, or who recognises any of the men pictured to please get in touch.”
Anyone with information should contact the British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting “LNA/B8 of 13/03/14” or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.