Police release images of men seen at Brentwood station at the time of ‘knuckleduster’ assault
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV pictures of a group of six men they wish to speak to in connection with a “knuckleduster” attack at Brentwood station.
The 20-year-old victim, from Brentwood, was left with a cut above his eye after the attack just before 6pm on March 6.
See the picture gallery to the right.
The investigating officer, Det Con David Bishop, said: “[The victim] was initially approached in the booking hall area of the station by one young man.
“He was then followed onto platform three by the same man who had been joined by five others.”
You may also want to watch:
The victim was then struck by at least two of the group.
The officer continued: “The victim described being hit by one of the men with what he believed may have been a knuckleduster.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 3 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 8 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
“This was a frightening assault that left the victim requiring hospital treatment.
“I’d urge anyone who was at the station at the time of the incident, or who recognises any of the men pictured to please get in touch.”
Anyone with information should contact the British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting “LNA/B8 of 13/03/14” or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.