Police release images of men seen at Brentwood station at the time of ‘knuckleduster’ assault
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV pictures of a group of six men they wish to speak to in connection with a “knuckleduster” attack at Brentwood station.
The 20-year-old victim, from Brentwood, was left with a cut above his eye after the attack just before 6pm on March 6.
See the picture gallery to the right.
The investigating officer, Det Con David Bishop, said: “[The victim] was initially approached in the booking hall area of the station by one young man.
“He was then followed onto platform three by the same man who had been joined by five others.”
The victim was then struck by at least two of the group.
The officer continued: “The victim described being hit by one of the men with what he believed may have been a knuckleduster.
- 1 Property spotlight: Property prices rocket around Premier League team's training ground
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 6 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Here are five top-rated delicious 'cheap eats' in Havering, according to Tripadvisor
- 8 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 9 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 10 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
“This was a frightening assault that left the victim requiring hospital treatment.
“I’d urge anyone who was at the station at the time of the incident, or who recognises any of the men pictured to please get in touch.”
Anyone with information should contact the British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting “LNA/B8 of 13/03/14” or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.