Police release CCTV images to help catch alleged rapist who dropped off victim in Romford
Police have released CCTV images in an attempt to catch an alleged rapist who attacked a woman in November and left her in Romford.
A woman, aged 22, was allegedly attacked on Sunday, November 21, after she left a nightclub with friends.
She was attacked after he offered her and her friends a lift home.
Detectives said they have been unable to trace the man, but he is believed to have been captured on CCTV at a Russian celebration in Trafalgar Square on Sunday, March 6.
They hope the images will help witnesses to come forward with information.
The attack happened when the woman left a nightclub in Barking Road, East Ham with friends.
They left at about 3.30am and a man in a blue or black BMW, who she had seen in the club earlier that night, offered them a lift.
- 1 Romford pair to 'bring a little bit of raving' to 'more mature' Hornchurch community
- 2 Watch: Brawl erupts on Heath Park street outside pub
- 3 Man, 52, found with head injuries in Hornchurch
- 4 Teen taken to hospital as 'priority' after being stabbed in Rainham
- 5 Unvaccinated patients may need to take Covid tests for hospital appointments as cases rise
- 6 'Absolutely disgusting': 'Design defect' blamed for Harold Wood fountain repeatedly breaking
- 7 Green light for four-storey residential-commercial buildings to replace old NatWest and Beresfords in Upminster
- 8 Romford theatre company celebrates 60 years with Shakespeare park performance
- 9 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 10 Application to open Papa John's takeaway in Hornchurch
They got inside and the victim fell asleep. When she woke up her friends were not in the car and it had stopped in an unknown wooded area.
The man then got into the back of the car and allegedly raped her. When she struggled he punched her in the chest.
The ordeal lasted about 45 minutes before the man drove the victim to a bus stop, in Victoria Road, Romford. She alerted police the next day.
The man is described as Lithuanian and spoke Russian throughout the incident. He is white, aged 25 to 30, about 6 ft tall, with dark-brown short hair, blue eyes – the left one permanently half-closed, a big nose, clean-shaven and slim.
He wore a cream cardigan with dark brown wooded buttons down the front and white jeans. Police said he may be called Darius.
Anyone with information about the man or who recognises him is asked to contact Sapphire on 01708 779 685 or if you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.