Police officer knocked off motorbike at Ferry Lane roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A police officer on a motorbike was struck by a car he tried to stop yesterday.
A speeding BMW was flagged down on the A13 near Aveley by the officer before he led the driver down a slip road at the Ferry Lane roundabout in Rainham.
The car then hit the motorbike, causing the policeman to crash to ground on the roundabout into the path of another vehicle which braked hard to avoid him.
The flagged BMW driver then drove off and crashed into a wall near the roundabout, before leaving the car and running away from the scene.
A Metropolitan Police dog unit and helicopter helped track down the man before he was arrested.
You may also want to watch:
A knife was also recovered.
An 18-year-old man from Grays was arrested on suspicion of attempted GBH with intent, dangerous driving, theft of a vehicle and possessing an offensive weapon.
- 1 Male injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 6 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
The officer was taken to a hospital where he was treated for minor injuries.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information about the collision or the BMW to come forward.
Call Essex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org