Police officer accused of rape to re-appear in court after release on bail
- Credit: PA
A Met Police officer charged with rape will re-appear in court next month after being released from prison for Christmas.
Pc Adam Zaman, of Kingston Road in Romford, is accused of raping a woman while off-duty at the Andaz Hotel near Liverpool Street Station in October.
He appeared at the Old Bailey by video link from Wormwood Scrubs prison on December 23 and was granted conditional bail.
The 28-year-old denied the allegation at a hearing in November.
Mr Zaman is next due to appear on January 21, 2022, the Old Bailey has confirmed.
A trial date has not yet been set for the case.
Pc Zaman, who has served the Met since 2016, has been suspended from his post within the East Area command unit, which covers Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge.
- 1 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 2 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 3 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 4 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 5 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 6 Woman 'slapped across face' in Brentwood restaurant
- 7 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 10 Company dismisses 'unscrupulous individuals' reportedly caught flytipping in Rainham