Police issue warning as armed gang target newsagents in Collier Row
- Credit: PA WIRE
An appeal has been launched to shop owners after two newsagents were raided by an armed gang in the last week.
The targeted attacks have both happened in Collier Row Lane, Collier Row, at closing time with just one lone member of staff working.
Police believe the suspects are using the A12 nearby as a quick escape route.
A Havering Police spokesman said: “These are both currently being investigated by a specialist department within the Met Police.
“We would ask that you give serious consideration to security measures within the venue, double manning in the evenings would help improve your staff’s safety.
You may also want to watch:
“Please be vigilant and if you see anything suspicious then please do not hesitate to call 999 straight away.”
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Neighbour’s fury as resident ‘advertises his cottage as illegal tip’
- 5 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 6 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 7 Police unit for 'high-harm' crimes tackles hike in domestic incidents
- 8 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 9 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 10 Covid-19: What's opening and what can you do on April 12?