Police issue warning as armed gang target newsagents in Collier Row
- Credit: PA WIRE
An appeal has been launched to shop owners after two newsagents were raided by an armed gang in the last week.
The targeted attacks have both happened in Collier Row Lane, Collier Row, at closing time with just one lone member of staff working.
Police believe the suspects are using the A12 nearby as a quick escape route.
A Havering Police spokesman said: “These are both currently being investigated by a specialist department within the Met Police.
“We would ask that you give serious consideration to security measures within the venue, double manning in the evenings would help improve your staff’s safety.
You may also want to watch:
“Please be vigilant and if you see anything suspicious then please do not hesitate to call 999 straight away.”
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 9 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says