Police issue warning as armed gang target newsagents in Collier Row
- Credit: PA WIRE
An appeal has been launched to shop owners after two newsagents were raided by an armed gang in the last week.
The targeted attacks have both happened in Collier Row Lane, Collier Row, at closing time with just one lone member of staff working.
Police believe the suspects are using the A12 nearby as a quick escape route.
A Havering Police spokesman said: “These are both currently being investigated by a specialist department within the Met Police.
“We would ask that you give serious consideration to security measures within the venue, double manning in the evenings would help improve your staff’s safety.
You may also want to watch:
“Please be vigilant and if you see anything suspicious then please do not hesitate to call 999 straight away.”
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 3 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 9 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge