Police issue warning as armed gang target newsagents in Collier Row
- Credit: PA WIRE
An appeal has been launched to shop owners after two newsagents were raided by an armed gang in the last week.
The targeted attacks have both happened in Collier Row Lane, Collier Row, at closing time with just one lone member of staff working.
Police believe the suspects are using the A12 nearby as a quick escape route.
A Havering Police spokesman said: “These are both currently being investigated by a specialist department within the Met Police.
“We would ask that you give serious consideration to security measures within the venue, double manning in the evenings would help improve your staff’s safety.
You may also want to watch:
“Please be vigilant and if you see anything suspicious then please do not hesitate to call 999 straight away.”
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 9 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 10 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs