Police investigate serious assault at Navestock traveller’s site
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched an investigation after a man was found with head injuries at a traveller’s site.
Detectives want to speak to two men in connection to an incident which happened at the Horseman Side site in Navestock, at 3am on Monday January 19.
Officers were called to the site following reports that a man was repeatedly driving a vehicle into the side of a caravan, causing serious damage to it.
A man was later found at the site with serious injuries and was taken to hospital.
Forensic examinations were then carried out in the area in the following days.
You may also want to watch:
The day after the incident, on January 20, police were called again to the area following reports that a potential assault suspect was spotted near the site. A police search showed no trace of the man.
Police returned once more on Saturday January 24 after a fire was reported in an outbuilding. There were no injuries. An arson investigation is also under way after further forensic examinations were carried out on Sunday.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
Officers want to speak to Michael Cawley, 22, who was last known to be living at the Horseman Side traveller’s site. He is described as white with an Irish accent, is 5ft 9in tall, of medium build and has short, brown hair.
Police also want to speak to Daniel Maughan, who is aged between 20 and 23-years-old and is described as 5ft 10in tall, white with an Irish accent, of slim build and has short, brown cropped hair. His address is not known but it is thought that he has links in Chatham, Kent.
Anybody who has information about any of the crimes is being asked to call Loughton CID on 101. People can also give information anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Extra police patrols are now being carried out at the traveller’s site.