Police investigate serious assault at Navestock traveller’s site
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched an investigation after a man was found with head injuries at a traveller’s site.
Detectives want to speak to two men in connection to an incident which happened at the Horseman Side site in Navestock, at 3am on Monday January 19.
Officers were called to the site following reports that a man was repeatedly driving a vehicle into the side of a caravan, causing serious damage to it.
A man was later found at the site with serious injuries and was taken to hospital.
Forensic examinations were then carried out in the area in the following days.
You may also want to watch:
The day after the incident, on January 20, police were called again to the area following reports that a potential assault suspect was spotted near the site. A police search showed no trace of the man.
Police returned once more on Saturday January 24 after a fire was reported in an outbuilding. There were no injuries. An arson investigation is also under way after further forensic examinations were carried out on Sunday.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 8 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
Officers want to speak to Michael Cawley, 22, who was last known to be living at the Horseman Side traveller’s site. He is described as white with an Irish accent, is 5ft 9in tall, of medium build and has short, brown hair.
Police also want to speak to Daniel Maughan, who is aged between 20 and 23-years-old and is described as 5ft 10in tall, white with an Irish accent, of slim build and has short, brown cropped hair. His address is not known but it is thought that he has links in Chatham, Kent.
Anybody who has information about any of the crimes is being asked to call Loughton CID on 101. People can also give information anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Extra police patrols are now being carried out at the traveller’s site.