Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for missing girl who was visiting Brentwood relatives
- Credit: Archant
Police are growing increasingly concerned for a girl visiting relatives who was last seen by her family on Tuesday.
Aalaya Tarawate, 16, from Morocco, was staying with her aunt and uncle in Brentwood, before she went missing.
It is believed that she went sightseeing in London on her own after apparently contacting Arabic and French speakers on social media.
Aalaya was seen in Shepherd’s Bush yesterday at about 1.30pm and there was a possible sighting at Stratford railway station later that day at 7pm.
Insp Russ Welch said: “Aalaya had very little money and speaks no English. We believe that she was trying to make her way back to Brentwood but she has not been seen since.”
The 16-year-old is 5ft 4in tall and has long dark curly hair. She was wearing a black leather coat, jeans and brown boots the last time she was seen.
Insp Welch added: “We are extremely concerned for her safety and want to hear from anyone who has seen her or might have seen anything on social media about her.”
- 1 Romford pair to 'bring a little bit of raving' to 'more mature' Hornchurch community
- 2 Watch: Brawl erupts on Heath Park street outside pub
- 3 Man, 52, found with head injuries in Hornchurch
- 4 'The smell is foul': Brigade called to more than 70 fires at Rainham site since 2018
- 5 Bid to turn Harold Wood motor shop into three-bedroom home refused by council
- 6 Application to open Papa John's takeaway in Hornchurch
- 7 Unvaccinated patients may need to take Covid tests for hospital appointments as cases rise
- 8 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 9 Teen taken to hospital as 'priority' after being stabbed in Rainham
Anyone with information should call Brentwood officers on 101.