Police hunting thugs who ran over man after road rage attack at Gallows Corner
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting for thugs who attacked a man’s car with a hammer and then ran him over during a road rage incident following a minor crash on the Gallows Corner Roundabout on Saturday (February 2).
The incident occurred at around 4.35pm.
A minor collision had taken place on the roundabout on the A12 between a BMW and Vauxhall Zafira with a foreign number plate.
A man got out of the front passenger seat of the Vauxhall and used a hammer to smash the rear window of the BMW.
After the man had got back into the Vauxhall, the driver of that car then ran the car directly at the driver of the BMW.
You may also want to watch:
The victim - a 36-year-old man - was knocked onto the bonnet and fell onto the road, sustaining serious but not life-threatening injuries.
He has been taken to hospital where he remains for treatment.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 4 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 7 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 8 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 Testing site for people without Covid symptoms opens in Elm Park
Detectives from East Area CID are investigating.
Anyone with information or dash cam footage is asked to call East Area CID on 101 quoting reference CAD 4992/02Feb19. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. You can also tweet @MetCC