Police hunting thugs who ran over man after road rage attack at Gallows Corner
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting for thugs who attacked a man’s car with a hammer and then ran him over during a road rage incident following a minor crash on the Gallows Corner Roundabout on Saturday (February 2).
The incident occurred at around 4.35pm.
A minor collision had taken place on the roundabout on the A12 between a BMW and Vauxhall Zafira with a foreign number plate.
A man got out of the front passenger seat of the Vauxhall and used a hammer to smash the rear window of the BMW.
After the man had got back into the Vauxhall, the driver of that car then ran the car directly at the driver of the BMW.
You may also want to watch:
The victim - a 36-year-old man - was knocked onto the bonnet and fell onto the road, sustaining serious but not life-threatening injuries.
He has been taken to hospital where he remains for treatment.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Cabinet to vote on proposed changes to how housing is allocated in Havering
- 9 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 10 Shaken Not Stirred: James Bond fan co-founds group and brings thousands of 007 lovers together
Detectives from East Area CID are investigating.
Anyone with information or dash cam footage is asked to call East Area CID on 101 quoting reference CAD 4992/02Feb19. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. You can also tweet @MetCC