Police hunt for ‘vulnerable’ missing 12-year-old from Hornchurch
- Credit: Met Police
Kaycey was last seen on Friday at around 5pm, and police are increasingly concerned for her safety.
Police are appealing for help to try and find a ‘vulnerable’ 12-year-old girl from Hornchurch who has been missing for three days.
Kaycey Smith, aged 12, was last seen leaving her home at around 5pm on Friday (September 7).
She is a black female, 5ft 3ins, with plaited hair worn in a ponytail style. When Kaycey was last seen sh was wearing dark jeans and a light coloured top and she was carrying a grey rucksack and an orange Sainsbury’s shopping bag.
She has links to Enfield, Redbridge, Chingford, Southend and Hampshire.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Superintendent Will Hodgkinson of East Area Policing Command said: “We are increasingly concerned for Kaycey’s welfare.
“She is extremely vulnerable by virtue of her age and we are now approaching her third night missing.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 8 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 9 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
“A significant number of officers, including specialist search trained officers, are currently searching for her in local green spaces and town centres and I appeal to anyone who has seen Kaycey or knows of her whereabouts to contact police immediately.
“In addition, anyone who is with Kaycey now should encourage her to make contact with police or should call police themselves.
“We need to make sure Kaycey is safe and well. I know that many parents will be reading this appeal and will appreciate the concern for this child’s safety. Please help us by letting us know if you see Kaycey.
“Any information, no matter how small, could help us return this vulnerable child to a place of safety.”
Please call Havering Police by dialling 101 quoting 18MIS036146 or Tweet @MetCC with information.