Police hunt for man with knife in Romford and Gidea Park
- Credit: Archant
Police hunted for a knife-wielding man after several sightings around Havering on Friday.
Officers were called to reports of a man with a knife in South Street, Romford, at about 1.50pm but found no trace.
Later on, they were called to Romford train station to reports of the same man but again they found nothing.
A 22-year-old was arrested in Balgores Lane, Gidea Park, after exiting Gidea Park train station, on suspicion of possessing a knife in public and suspicion of possession of cannabis. A knife was found nearby.
He was taken into custody and bailed to return in mid March pending further enquiries. The investigation by Havering officers is ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police via 101.
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'
- 10 Volunteer on using video skills to help hospice