Police hunt for man with knife in Romford and Gidea Park
- Credit: Archant
Police hunted for a knife-wielding man after several sightings around Havering on Friday.
Officers were called to reports of a man with a knife in South Street, Romford, at about 1.50pm but found no trace.
Later on, they were called to Romford train station to reports of the same man but again they found nothing.
A 22-year-old was arrested in Balgores Lane, Gidea Park, after exiting Gidea Park train station, on suspicion of possessing a knife in public and suspicion of possession of cannabis. A knife was found nearby.
He was taken into custody and bailed to return in mid March pending further enquiries. The investigation by Havering officers is ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police via 101.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 5 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 6 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 7 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 8 Hornchurch Athletic captain excited by league switch and a new sponsorship deal
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57