Police hunt for man with knife in Romford and Gidea Park
- Credit: Archant
Police hunted for a knife-wielding man after several sightings around Havering on Friday.
Officers were called to reports of a man with a knife in South Street, Romford, at about 1.50pm but found no trace.
Later on, they were called to Romford train station to reports of the same man but again they found nothing.
A 22-year-old was arrested in Balgores Lane, Gidea Park, after exiting Gidea Park train station, on suspicion of possessing a knife in public and suspicion of possession of cannabis. A knife was found nearby.
He was taken into custody and bailed to return in mid March pending further enquiries. The investigation by Havering officers is ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police via 101.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 10 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected