Police hunt for man with knife in Romford and Gidea Park
- Credit: Archant
Police hunted for a knife-wielding man after several sightings around Havering on Friday.
Officers were called to reports of a man with a knife in South Street, Romford, at about 1.50pm but found no trace.
Later on, they were called to Romford train station to reports of the same man but again they found nothing.
A 22-year-old was arrested in Balgores Lane, Gidea Park, after exiting Gidea Park train station, on suspicion of possessing a knife in public and suspicion of possession of cannabis. A knife was found nearby.
He was taken into custody and bailed to return in mid March pending further enquiries. The investigation by Havering officers is ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police via 101.
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 6 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 9 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London