Police hunt for man with knife in Romford and Gidea Park
- Credit: Archant
Police hunted for a knife-wielding man after several sightings around Havering on Friday.
Officers were called to reports of a man with a knife in South Street, Romford, at about 1.50pm but found no trace.
Later on, they were called to Romford train station to reports of the same man but again they found nothing.
A 22-year-old was arrested in Balgores Lane, Gidea Park, after exiting Gidea Park train station, on suspicion of possessing a knife in public and suspicion of possession of cannabis. A knife was found nearby.
He was taken into custody and bailed to return in mid March pending further enquiries. The investigation by Havering officers is ongoing.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police via 101.
- 1 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 3 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 4 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 5 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 6 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Tribute paid to father one year after death in council hostel
- 9 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 10 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash