Police hunt for man after two sexual assaults in Romford
- Credit: Archant
Police are looking for this man following two sexual assaults which happened in Romford.
The first took place on the 248 bus at about 3.30pm after both the suspect and the 12-year-old female victim got off at Mawney Road on February 24.
The second offence occurred a week later while a 17-year-old female victim was waiting at a bus stop at 3pm on Waterloo Road on March 5.
Officers are treating the incidents as linked and are searching for a black man approximately 30 to 40 years old and 6ft tall with bad teeth.
A spokesman for the Met said: “Unwanted sexual behaviour on the transport network is not tolerated and all sexual offences are taken very seriously.
You may also want to watch:
Always report incidents of this nature to the police. If you have any information please dial 101, but in an emergency always dial 999 immediately.”
Police ask anyone with information to contact Det Con Neil Webb, leading the investigation, on 020 054 6712 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 173383.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 8 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 9 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 10 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused