Police hunt for man after two sexual assaults in Romford
- Credit: Archant
Police are looking for this man following two sexual assaults which happened in Romford.
The first took place on the 248 bus at about 3.30pm after both the suspect and the 12-year-old female victim got off at Mawney Road on February 24.
The second offence occurred a week later while a 17-year-old female victim was waiting at a bus stop at 3pm on Waterloo Road on March 5.
Officers are treating the incidents as linked and are searching for a black man approximately 30 to 40 years old and 6ft tall with bad teeth.
A spokesman for the Met said: “Unwanted sexual behaviour on the transport network is not tolerated and all sexual offences are taken very seriously.
You may also want to watch:
Always report incidents of this nature to the police. If you have any information please dial 101, but in an emergency always dial 999 immediately.”
Police ask anyone with information to contact Det Con Neil Webb, leading the investigation, on 020 054 6712 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 173383.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 6 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 7 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 8 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 Testing site for people without Covid symptoms opens in Elm Park