Police helicopters involved in search for burglary suspects in Romford
A police search was launched after four burglary suspects were followed into Havering by Essex Police.
At around 4.40pm, the Essex Police helicopter began following a black Audi near the Dartford Crossing where it failed to stop for police.
A Havering Police spokesman said that the Metropolitan Police were asked to assist their chase with their helicopter as it the vehicle entered London.
The car, whose occupants police believe knew they were being followed, drove through Harold Hill and Gallows Corner before abandoning it in a car park in Exchange Street, Romford, where four suspects fled on foot.
An Essex Police spokesman said that they believe the car had been stolen in a burglary in Newmarket, Suffolk, on September 24.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects escaped without being found.
Anyone with information about the crime should call police on 101.
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’