Police helicopters involved in search for burglary suspects in Romford
A police search was launched after four burglary suspects were followed into Havering by Essex Police.
At around 4.40pm, the Essex Police helicopter began following a black Audi near the Dartford Crossing where it failed to stop for police.
A Havering Police spokesman said that the Metropolitan Police were asked to assist their chase with their helicopter as it the vehicle entered London.
The car, whose occupants police believe knew they were being followed, drove through Harold Hill and Gallows Corner before abandoning it in a car park in Exchange Street, Romford, where four suspects fled on foot.
An Essex Police spokesman said that they believe the car had been stolen in a burglary in Newmarket, Suffolk, on September 24.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects escaped without being found.
Anyone with information about the crime should call police on 101.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 3 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 4 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 7 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 8 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 9 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks