Police helicopters involved in search for burglary suspects in Romford
A police search was launched after four burglary suspects were followed into Havering by Essex Police.
At around 4.40pm, the Essex Police helicopter began following a black Audi near the Dartford Crossing where it failed to stop for police.
A Havering Police spokesman said that the Metropolitan Police were asked to assist their chase with their helicopter as it the vehicle entered London.
The car, whose occupants police believe knew they were being followed, drove through Harold Hill and Gallows Corner before abandoning it in a car park in Exchange Street, Romford, where four suspects fled on foot.
An Essex Police spokesman said that they believe the car had been stolen in a burglary in Newmarket, Suffolk, on September 24.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects escaped without being found.
Anyone with information about the crime should call police on 101.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 7 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 8 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 9 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months