Police cordon in Romford town centre as one man taken to hospital following stabbing outside supermarket
- Credit: Archant
Lots of police are in the town centre and a man has been rushed to hospital following a stabbing outside Lidl.
A police cordon is in place in Romford town centre after London Ambulance Service paramedics rushed a teenager to hospital following a stabbing outside Lidl.
A cordon is in place in Atlanta Boulevard and the Recorder understands workers in offices based there are being informed they are not allowed to leave their buildings.
It is believed the police investigation is currently centred on the Lidl car park.
A tweet from Havering Metropolitan Police confirmed: “Police are at the scene of a stabbing at 1.19pm outside a supermarket in Atlanta Boulevard #Romford.
You may also want to watch:
“A man, aged late teens, has been taken to hospital.
“We await an update as to his condition. No arrest and enquiries underway.”
- 1 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 2 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 3 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 6 Sewage floods home of family with one-day-old newborn after heavy rain
- 7 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 10 Drains in area repeatedly flooded to be next inspected during bad weather
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “We were called at 1:14pm today (20 November) to Atlanta Boulevard, Romford to reports of an incident.
“We sent an incident response officer, a single responder in a car and an ambulance crew to the scene. We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance.
“We treated a man at the scene and took him as a priority to a major trauma centre by road.”
A Lidl spokesman confirmed the store is open and trading as usual and that the car park has now reopened for customers.
He said: “We are aware of an incident that occurred outside of our store earlier this afternoon.
“As this is a police matter we are unable to share any further details, but we will of course be supporting the authorities and helping in any way we can.”