Police cordon in Romford town centre as one man taken to hospital following stabbing outside supermarket
- Credit: Archant
Lots of police are in the town centre and a man has been rushed to hospital following a stabbing outside Lidl.
A police cordon is in place in Romford town centre after London Ambulance Service paramedics rushed a teenager to hospital following a stabbing outside Lidl.
A cordon is in place in Atlanta Boulevard and the Recorder understands workers in offices based there are being informed they are not allowed to leave their buildings.
It is believed the police investigation is currently centred on the Lidl car park.
A tweet from Havering Metropolitan Police confirmed: “Police are at the scene of a stabbing at 1.19pm outside a supermarket in Atlanta Boulevard #Romford.
You may also want to watch:
“A man, aged late teens, has been taken to hospital.
“We await an update as to his condition. No arrest and enquiries underway.”
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 9 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “We were called at 1:14pm today (20 November) to Atlanta Boulevard, Romford to reports of an incident.
“We sent an incident response officer, a single responder in a car and an ambulance crew to the scene. We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance.
“We treated a man at the scene and took him as a priority to a major trauma centre by road.”
A Lidl spokesman confirmed the store is open and trading as usual and that the car park has now reopened for customers.
He said: “We are aware of an incident that occurred outside of our store earlier this afternoon.
“As this is a police matter we are unable to share any further details, but we will of course be supporting the authorities and helping in any way we can.”