Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- Credit: Met Police
Police continue to investigate the murder of a man following a "disturbance" in Rainham.
A 37-year-old man was found unresponsive and pronounced dead at the scene despite the best efforts of paramedics.
Formal identification is yet to take place and next of kin have been informed, Scotland Yard said.
A woman was also found with an injury to her wrist.
She was taken to hospital where her condition has been assessed as non life-threatening.
A crime scene is in place and detectives from the Met's murder squad are working to understand the full circumstances.
Four women, aged between 48 and 21, and a 17-year-old girl were arrested on suspicion of murder and taken into custody.
- 1 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 3 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 4 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 5 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 6 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
- 7 Tribute paid to father one year after death in council hostel
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 10 Fight to stop 'destruction' of trees sees another promise made to postpone railway works
They were later released on bail to a date in late December.
Anyone with information that could help police should call 101 ref CAD 6386/1 Dec.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.