Police close Hornchurch road after suspects flee from vehicle following car crash
- Credit: Archant
Havering Police closed a Hornchurch road on Thursday lunchtime after a number of suspects fled from a car that had been flagged down and chased by officers.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that officers from the East Area pursued a number of suspects that had decamped from a vehicle at the junction of Park Lane and Hillcrest Road at around 1.10pm on Thursday, February 6.
An eyewitness told the Recorder the car had been driving erratically in an attempt to get away from a pursuing police car, and had crashed onto the pavement before two men had fled the car on foot.
No injuries have been reported to the authorities and the Met was unable to confirm how many suspects fled the car.
A small stretch of road was closed while police officers called out a recovery truck to remove the suspects' vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is urged to contact 101.
- 1 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 2 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 3 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 6 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 9 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 10 Application for porch to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected