Police close Hornchurch road after suspects flee from vehicle following car crash
- Credit: Archant
Havering Police closed a Hornchurch road on Thursday lunchtime after a number of suspects fled from a car that had been flagged down and chased by officers.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that officers from the East Area pursued a number of suspects that had decamped from a vehicle at the junction of Park Lane and Hillcrest Road at around 1.10pm on Thursday, February 6.
An eyewitness told the Recorder the car had been driving erratically in an attempt to get away from a pursuing police car, and had crashed onto the pavement before two men had fled the car on foot.
No injuries have been reported to the authorities and the Met was unable to confirm how many suspects fled the car.
A small stretch of road was closed while police officers called out a recovery truck to remove the suspects' vehicle.
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is urged to contact 101.
- 1 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 2 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 3 Woman 'slapped across face' in Brentwood restaurant
- 4 Romford accountant pleads guilty to 'calculated' £160k tax fraud
- 5 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 6 Plans submitted for 35,000sqm of commercial floorspace in first phase of Rainham industrial estate redevelopment
- 7 Man dumps knife amid Hornchurch police chase
- 8 Company dismisses 'unscrupulous individuals' reportedly caught flytipping in Rainham
- 9 Confirmed: Rush Green Post Office set to move
- 10 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over