Police close Hornchurch road after suspects flee from vehicle following car crash
- Credit: Archant
Havering Police closed a Hornchurch road on Thursday lunchtime after a number of suspects fled from a car that had been flagged down and chased by officers.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that officers from the East Area pursued a number of suspects that had decamped from a vehicle at the junction of Park Lane and Hillcrest Road at around 1.10pm on Thursday, February 6.
An eyewitness told the Recorder the car had been driving erratically in an attempt to get away from a pursuing police car, and had crashed onto the pavement before two men had fled the car on foot.
No injuries have been reported to the authorities and the Met was unable to confirm how many suspects fled the car.
A small stretch of road was closed while police officers called out a recovery truck to remove the suspects' vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is urged to contact 101.
- 1 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 2 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Romford girl secures Las Vegas trip after winning Teen Miss Diamond UK
- 5 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 6 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 7 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 8 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 9 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 10 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens