Police carry out controlled explosion after devices found in Rainham street
- Credit: Archant
Met Police officers have safely detonated explosive devices after being called to an address in Plough Court, Broadis Way where a man was threatening to shoot himself.
Officers from the Firearms Command and explosives officers were called to the scene at 2.13pm yesterday along with the London Ambulance Service and crews from the London Fire Brigade.
A number of explosive devices were discovered at the address and made safe.
@SARAHBARNZY on Twitter said she heard “a small rumble” from her home while another resident has taken what appears to be a video of the devices being detonated.
The man was arrested on suspicion of possession of explosives and detained under the Mental Health Act.
You may also want to watch:
Residents were evacuated as a precautionary measure but have now returned to their homes.
A police cordon remains in place at the scene.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 3 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 4 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 5 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 6 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 7 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 8 Second phase of St George's Park development now underway
- 9 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 10 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose