Police attend altercation in Rainham after shocked onlookers see ‘machete-wielding man’ chasing another
- Credit: Google Maps
An investigation has been launched by police after reports of a fight breaking out between males thought to have a machete and baseball bat.
The incident happened in Upminster Road South, Rainham, at about 12.30pm yesterday.
People took to social media soon after the altercation broke out in the busy high street.
One user said: “Frightening when you’re in Upminster Road South and there is a man chasing another man trying to stab him with a machete the size of my forearm.”
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said no weapons were found on their arrival and nobody was injured.
You may also want to watch:
Havering Police are now investigating an allegation of affray.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 4 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 5 Seventh person arrested in connection with fatal stabbing in Harold Wood
- 6 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 7 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
- 8 New care unit for over 75s opens at Queen's Hospital in Romford
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
Did you see anything? Email firstname.lastname@example.org