Police attend altercation in Rainham after shocked onlookers see ‘machete-wielding man’ chasing another
- Credit: Google Maps
An investigation has been launched by police after reports of a fight breaking out between males thought to have a machete and baseball bat.
The incident happened in Upminster Road South, Rainham, at about 12.30pm yesterday.
People took to social media soon after the altercation broke out in the busy high street.
One user said: “Frightening when you’re in Upminster Road South and there is a man chasing another man trying to stab him with a machete the size of my forearm.”
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said no weapons were found on their arrival and nobody was injured.
You may also want to watch:
Havering Police are now investigating an allegation of affray.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 6 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 9 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
Did you see anything? Email firstname.lastname@example.org