Police attend altercation in Rainham after shocked onlookers see ‘machete-wielding man’ chasing another
- Credit: Google Maps
An investigation has been launched by police after reports of a fight breaking out between males thought to have a machete and baseball bat.
The incident happened in Upminster Road South, Rainham, at about 12.30pm yesterday.
People took to social media soon after the altercation broke out in the busy high street.
One user said: “Frightening when you’re in Upminster Road South and there is a man chasing another man trying to stab him with a machete the size of my forearm.”
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said no weapons were found on their arrival and nobody was injured.
Havering Police are now investigating an allegation of affray.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Mother's agony after daughter laid dead in Hornchurch flat for six weeks
- 2 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 3 Parking restricted at country park as work starts on Covid woodland memorial
- 4 Scrap 'ludicrous' mandatory vaccination policy, says Rosindell
- 5 Isla Caton 'gains her angel wings' after five-year cancer battle
- 6 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 7 'Use it or lose it': More sign-ups needed to save food delivery service
- 8 Romford tree protest cancelled after campaign success
- 9 Deputy mayor steps in to mark first Covid-19 memorial tree in Havering
- 10 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
Did you see anything? Email firstname.lastname@example.org