Police attend altercation in Rainham after shocked onlookers see ‘machete-wielding man’ chasing another
- Credit: Google Maps
An investigation has been launched by police after reports of a fight breaking out between males thought to have a machete and baseball bat.
The incident happened in Upminster Road South, Rainham, at about 12.30pm yesterday.
People took to social media soon after the altercation broke out in the busy high street.
One user said: “Frightening when you’re in Upminster Road South and there is a man chasing another man trying to stab him with a machete the size of my forearm.”
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said no weapons were found on their arrival and nobody was injured.
Havering Police are now investigating an allegation of affray.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Council to inspect 'dangerous' space outside Upminster homes
- 2 Owner calls support for new Gidea Park pizzeria 'overwhelming'
- 3 3 Romford arrests in modern slavery, cannabis and money laundering probe
- 4 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 5 Hundreds oppose Harold Wood scheme to stop cars driving around schools at peak times
- 6 ‘Lawless’: Further issues raised with state and maintenance of Romford car park
- 7 The Mercury: What do sales of The Liberty and The Brewery mean for Romford's town centre?
- 8 Appeal: Man left with broken jaw after Romford pub assault
- 9 Constable sped at 88mph on residential road without training, panel told
- 10 Gidea Park owner increasingly 'worried' in search for missing cat
Did you see anything? Email firstname.lastname@example.org