Police attend altercation in Rainham after shocked onlookers see ‘machete-wielding man’ chasing another
- Credit: Google Maps
An investigation has been launched by police after reports of a fight breaking out between males thought to have a machete and baseball bat.
The incident happened in Upminster Road South, Rainham, at about 12.30pm yesterday.
People took to social media soon after the altercation broke out in the busy high street.
One user said: “Frightening when you’re in Upminster Road South and there is a man chasing another man trying to stab him with a machete the size of my forearm.”
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said no weapons were found on their arrival and nobody was injured.
You may also want to watch:
Havering Police are now investigating an allegation of affray.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 3 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 4 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 5 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone
Did you see anything? Email email@example.com