Police arrest 31-year-old man on suspicion of Hornchurch murder
- Credit: lmElUkxm5dd3XBRei4O4dyJ25Znq+W+IkYKxsj8Ogm1y2O9YxqUx5MD0o0GM1JszKftBHdxIgd7czTQkKGjStQ==
Police investigating the murder of Aiden O’Mahoney at a Hornchurch pub on Sunday have arrested a 31-year-old man.
The man was arrested this afternoon on suspicion of murder and remains in custody.
Mr O’Mahoney, known to friends as Oggy, was fatally stabbed at JJ Moon’s Wetherspoons, High Street, on Sunday.
Police were called to the pub at 4,30pm. Mr O’Mahoney, 60, was taken to hospital and pronounced dead at 7.14pm.
A post-mortem examination gave cause of death as a single stab wound to the chest.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking today, Mr O’Mahoney’s family said: “Aiden was a very loved son, brother, partner and granddad. He was a kind and thoughtful man. His passions were Spurs, his family, friends and his dog Lily.
“Aiden’s family and friends are devastated by his untimely tragic death. We will always remember him and the joy his larger than life presence gave us.”
- 1 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 4 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 9 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals