Police arrest 31-year-old man on suspicion of Hornchurch murder
- Credit: lmElUkxm5dd3XBRei4O4dyJ25Znq+W+IkYKxsj8Ogm1y2O9YxqUx5MD0o0GM1JszKftBHdxIgd7czTQkKGjStQ==
Police investigating the murder of Aiden O’Mahoney at a Hornchurch pub on Sunday have arrested a 31-year-old man.
The man was arrested this afternoon on suspicion of murder and remains in custody.
Mr O’Mahoney, known to friends as Oggy, was fatally stabbed at JJ Moon’s Wetherspoons, High Street, on Sunday.
Police were called to the pub at 4,30pm. Mr O’Mahoney, 60, was taken to hospital and pronounced dead at 7.14pm.
A post-mortem examination gave cause of death as a single stab wound to the chest.
Speaking today, Mr O’Mahoney’s family said: “Aiden was a very loved son, brother, partner and granddad. He was a kind and thoughtful man. His passions were Spurs, his family, friends and his dog Lily.
“Aiden’s family and friends are devastated by his untimely tragic death. We will always remember him and the joy his larger than life presence gave us.”
- 1 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 2 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 4 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 5 'Pupils love coming here': Romford primary school retains 'good' rating
- 6 Plans to convert hotel into housing rejected despite residents' support
- 7 Tribute paid to father one year after death in council hostel
- 8 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
- 9 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 10 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel