Police arrest 31-year-old man on suspicion of Hornchurch murder
- Credit: lmElUkxm5dd3XBRei4O4dyJ25Znq+W+IkYKxsj8Ogm1y2O9YxqUx5MD0o0GM1JszKftBHdxIgd7czTQkKGjStQ==
Police investigating the murder of Aiden O’Mahoney at a Hornchurch pub on Sunday have arrested a 31-year-old man.
The man was arrested this afternoon on suspicion of murder and remains in custody.
Mr O’Mahoney, known to friends as Oggy, was fatally stabbed at JJ Moon’s Wetherspoons, High Street, on Sunday.
Police were called to the pub at 4,30pm. Mr O’Mahoney, 60, was taken to hospital and pronounced dead at 7.14pm.
A post-mortem examination gave cause of death as a single stab wound to the chest.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking today, Mr O’Mahoney’s family said: “Aiden was a very loved son, brother, partner and granddad. He was a kind and thoughtful man. His passions were Spurs, his family, friends and his dog Lily.
“Aiden’s family and friends are devastated by his untimely tragic death. We will always remember him and the joy his larger than life presence gave us.”
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 8 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage