Police appeal for witnesses of man stabbed through taxi window outside Romford nightclub
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following the stabbing of an 18 year-old man through an open taxi window.
Police were called on October 25 at around 03.15am to the back of Circuit nightclub, on North Street, Romford, following a report of an assault.
On arrival, they found an 18-year-old man lying on the floor with multiple stab wounds along his torso and leg and had been given first aid by the club’s security staff.
The teenager had been sitting in a stationary taxi, when a man stabbed him several times through the open taxi window.
He was taken by London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital where he received treatment for his wounds and was later discharged.
You may also want to watch:
The same day, a 28 year-old man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and has been bailed to an east London police station to a date in December.
Det Con Robert Taylor of Havering CID, is urging any witnesses or anyone with information, who haven’t yet spoken to the police, to come forward.
- 1 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 2 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 3 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 4 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 Fundraiser launched for £1,500 to buy Elm Park defibrillator
- 7 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 8 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 9 Havering pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
“I also want to trace the taxi driver who left the scene prior to police arrival and would ask him to contact me as soon as possible,” he said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Taylor on 01708 779 216 or 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 5416684/15.