Police appeal for information after 18-year-old threatened in Romford McDonald’s
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued CCTV images after reports that three men attempted to rob an 18-year-old at a McDonald’s in Romford last night (Tuesday), threatening him with a knife and acid.
Police were called to the restaurant in South Street at 11pm.
They have said three men entered the restaurant and approached the victim who was at the counter ordering food.
One asked what the victim had for him and showed the handle of a knife in his waistband.
When the victim said he had nothing, another man threatened him with a bottle, which he intimated contained acid.
You may also want to watch:
When the victim refused to hand over anything, the men left the restaurant.
The first man is described as black, of medium build, aged in his 20s.
- 1 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 2 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 5 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 6 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 7 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 8 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 9 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 10 Pressure on to preserve Upminster trees as council receives almost 200 messages
He was wearing a black padded jacket with the hood up, a blue and white baseball cap and blue jeans. He wore a blue bag over his left shoulder.
The second man is described as black, of slim build, aged in his 20s. He was wearing a blue beanie hat, grey hooded top with a black body warmer on top, blue jeans and black trainers.
The third man is described as black of slim build, aged in his 20s. He was wearing a dark coloured/green padded jacket, blue tracksuit bottoms and black trainers.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may recognise the three men shown on CCTV or who witnessed the incident.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting reference number 202293 (suspect 1) or 202296 (suspect 2) or 202294 (suspect 3). Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.