Police appeal for information after 18-year-old threatened in Romford McDonald’s
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued CCTV images after reports that three men attempted to rob an 18-year-old at a McDonald’s in Romford last night (Tuesday), threatening him with a knife and acid.
Police were called to the restaurant in South Street at 11pm.
They have said three men entered the restaurant and approached the victim who was at the counter ordering food.
One asked what the victim had for him and showed the handle of a knife in his waistband.
When the victim said he had nothing, another man threatened him with a bottle, which he intimated contained acid.
When the victim refused to hand over anything, the men left the restaurant.
The first man is described as black, of medium build, aged in his 20s.
- 1 Primark confirms 'incident' involving baby in Romford store
- 2 Man murdered two armed teenage boys who had been chasing him, court told
- 3 Application to build eight five-bed chalet bungalows in Havering-atte-Bower
- 4 Romford sexual abuse victim feels 'truly alone' after paedophile given suspended sentence
- 5 Plans submitted for 'new housing development' in Hornchurch
- 6 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 7 'Increased demand' to blame for overflowing Hornchurch bins, supermarket says
- 8 Free giveaway: Bereaved Hornchurch man to distribute new invention created while wife was terminally ill
- 9 Previous 15% pay cut overridden for some top Havering politicians in restructure
- 10 Roads reopen and residents return home after A127 Upminster crash into gas main
He was wearing a black padded jacket with the hood up, a blue and white baseball cap and blue jeans. He wore a blue bag over his left shoulder.
The second man is described as black, of slim build, aged in his 20s. He was wearing a blue beanie hat, grey hooded top with a black body warmer on top, blue jeans and black trainers.
The third man is described as black of slim build, aged in his 20s. He was wearing a dark coloured/green padded jacket, blue tracksuit bottoms and black trainers.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may recognise the three men shown on CCTV or who witnessed the incident.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting reference number 202293 (suspect 1) or 202296 (suspect 2) or 202294 (suspect 3). Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.