Police appeal after reports of shots fired in Collier Row
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Detectives are appealing for witnesses and information following reports that shots were fired in Collier Row.
Police were called at 7.07pm on Saturday June 8 to reports of shots fired in Collier Row Road.
It is believed two vehicles - a black Range Rover and a black Mercedes - were involved in an altercation at the location during which shots were fired.
The Mercedes left the scene and was later found abandoned in Hainault Road.
The Range Rover was subsequently in collision with several other vehicles at the location.
Three people, travelling in a Vauxhall Zafira which was not involved in the shooting incident, were taken to hospital for treatment to minor injuries following the collision.
At this stage, the police are not aware of any gunshot injuries and enquiries are underway to establish the circumstances of the incident.
- 1 Primark confirms 'incident' involving baby in Romford store
- 2 Man murdered two armed teenage boys who had been chasing him, court told
- 3 Plans submitted for 'new housing development' in Hornchurch
- 4 Romford sexual abuse victim feels 'truly alone' after paedophile given suspended sentence
- 5 Free giveaway: Bereaved Hornchurch man to distribute new invention created while wife was terminally ill
- 6 Fire which destroys Rainham flat 'caused by laptop'
- 7 Roads reopen and residents return home after A127 Upminster crash into gas main
- 8 Man suffers 'life-threatening' injuries after vehicle hits gas main on A127
- 9 Application to build eight five-bed chalet bungalows in Havering-atte-Bower
- 10 Application to build brain injury clinic and nine 'affordable' homes in Upminster
Officers from the Trident Northeast Shootings Team investigate and appeal for anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident, or who has any information, to contact them on 0208 217 7383. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
A man, aged 29, has been arrested in connection with the incident. He has since been bailed pending further enquiries to a north-east London police station.