Police appeal after reports of shots fired in Collier Row
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Detectives are appealing for witnesses and information following reports that shots were fired in Collier Row.
Police were called at 7.07pm on Saturday June 8 to reports of shots fired in Collier Row Road.
It is believed two vehicles - a black Range Rover and a black Mercedes - were involved in an altercation at the location during which shots were fired.
The Mercedes left the scene and was later found abandoned in Hainault Road.
The Range Rover was subsequently in collision with several other vehicles at the location.
You may also want to watch:
Three people, travelling in a Vauxhall Zafira which was not involved in the shooting incident, were taken to hospital for treatment to minor injuries following the collision.
At this stage, the police are not aware of any gunshot injuries and enquiries are underway to establish the circumstances of the incident.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 4 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 5 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 6 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 7 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 8 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years
Officers from the Trident Northeast Shootings Team investigate and appeal for anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident, or who has any information, to contact them on 0208 217 7383. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
A man, aged 29, has been arrested in connection with the incident. He has since been bailed pending further enquiries to a north-east London police station.