Police appeal after reports of shots fired in Collier Row
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Detectives are appealing for witnesses and information following reports that shots were fired in Collier Row.
Police were called at 7.07pm on Saturday June 8 to reports of shots fired in Collier Row Road.
It is believed two vehicles - a black Range Rover and a black Mercedes - were involved in an altercation at the location during which shots were fired.
The Mercedes left the scene and was later found abandoned in Hainault Road.
The Range Rover was subsequently in collision with several other vehicles at the location.
You may also want to watch:
Three people, travelling in a Vauxhall Zafira which was not involved in the shooting incident, were taken to hospital for treatment to minor injuries following the collision.
At this stage, the police are not aware of any gunshot injuries and enquiries are underway to establish the circumstances of the incident.
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 3 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 4 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 5 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 6 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 7 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone
- 9 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
Officers from the Trident Northeast Shootings Team investigate and appeal for anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident, or who has any information, to contact them on 0208 217 7383. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
A man, aged 29, has been arrested in connection with the incident. He has since been bailed pending further enquiries to a north-east London police station.