Police appeal after reports of shots fired in Collier Row
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Detectives are appealing for witnesses and information following reports that shots were fired in Collier Row.
Police were called at 7.07pm on Saturday June 8 to reports of shots fired in Collier Row Road.
It is believed two vehicles - a black Range Rover and a black Mercedes - were involved in an altercation at the location during which shots were fired.
The Mercedes left the scene and was later found abandoned in Hainault Road.
The Range Rover was subsequently in collision with several other vehicles at the location.
You may also want to watch:
Three people, travelling in a Vauxhall Zafira which was not involved in the shooting incident, were taken to hospital for treatment to minor injuries following the collision.
At this stage, the police are not aware of any gunshot injuries and enquiries are underway to establish the circumstances of the incident.
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 5 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 6 Seventh person arrested in connection with fatal stabbing in Harold Wood
- 7 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
- 8 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 9 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 10 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
Officers from the Trident Northeast Shootings Team investigate and appeal for anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident, or who has any information, to contact them on 0208 217 7383. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
A man, aged 29, has been arrested in connection with the incident. He has since been bailed pending further enquiries to a north-east London police station.