Police appeal after reports of shots fired in Collier Row
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Detectives are appealing for witnesses and information following reports that shots were fired in Collier Row.
Police were called at 7.07pm on Saturday June 8 to reports of shots fired in Collier Row Road.
It is believed two vehicles - a black Range Rover and a black Mercedes - were involved in an altercation at the location during which shots were fired.
The Mercedes left the scene and was later found abandoned in Hainault Road.
The Range Rover was subsequently in collision with several other vehicles at the location.
Three people, travelling in a Vauxhall Zafira which was not involved in the shooting incident, were taken to hospital for treatment to minor injuries following the collision.
At this stage, the police are not aware of any gunshot injuries and enquiries are underway to establish the circumstances of the incident.
- 1 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 2 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 3 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 4 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 5 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
- 6 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 7 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 10 WATCH: Man accelerates towards unconscious victim outside Sugar Hut
Officers from the Trident Northeast Shootings Team investigate and appeal for anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident, or who has any information, to contact them on 0208 217 7383. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
A man, aged 29, has been arrested in connection with the incident. He has since been bailed pending further enquiries to a north-east London police station.