Police appeal after pedestrian is killed in hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A man in his fifties died early this morning after being struck by a vehicle in Hornchurch.
Detectives are urgently appealing for the driver of a black BMW 3 series which is believed to be involved in the fatal collision to come forward.
Officers were called to Albany Road, near the junction with Hornchurch Road, shortly after midnight to find a male pedestrian suffering from critical injuries after being struck by a car.
London Ambulance Service also attended and the man was pronounced dead at the scene a short while later.
Police are very keen to speak to the occupants of the BMW which was being driven in Hornchurch town centre in the company of two other cars shortly before the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are underway to trace its whereabouts and the driver with CCTV being examined.
Officers are in the process of informing next-of-kin and a post mortem examination will take place in due course.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 8 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 9 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call the witness line on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.