Police appeal after pedestrian is killed in hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A man in his fifties died early this morning after being struck by a vehicle in Hornchurch.
Detectives are urgently appealing for the driver of a black BMW 3 series which is believed to be involved in the fatal collision to come forward.
Officers were called to Albany Road, near the junction with Hornchurch Road, shortly after midnight to find a male pedestrian suffering from critical injuries after being struck by a car.
London Ambulance Service also attended and the man was pronounced dead at the scene a short while later.
Police are very keen to speak to the occupants of the BMW which was being driven in Hornchurch town centre in the company of two other cars shortly before the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are underway to trace its whereabouts and the driver with CCTV being examined.
Officers are in the process of informing next-of-kin and a post mortem examination will take place in due course.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call the witness line on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.