Police appeal after pedestrian is killed in hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A man in his fifties died early this morning after being struck by a vehicle in Hornchurch.
Detectives are urgently appealing for the driver of a black BMW 3 series which is believed to be involved in the fatal collision to come forward.
Officers were called to Albany Road, near the junction with Hornchurch Road, shortly after midnight to find a male pedestrian suffering from critical injuries after being struck by a car.
London Ambulance Service also attended and the man was pronounced dead at the scene a short while later.
Police are very keen to speak to the occupants of the BMW which was being driven in Hornchurch town centre in the company of two other cars shortly before the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are underway to trace its whereabouts and the driver with CCTV being examined.
Officers are in the process of informing next-of-kin and a post mortem examination will take place in due course.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call the witness line on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.