Police appeal after pedestrian is killed in hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A man in his fifties died early this morning after being struck by a vehicle in Hornchurch.
Detectives are urgently appealing for the driver of a black BMW 3 series which is believed to be involved in the fatal collision to come forward.
Officers were called to Albany Road, near the junction with Hornchurch Road, shortly after midnight to find a male pedestrian suffering from critical injuries after being struck by a car.
London Ambulance Service also attended and the man was pronounced dead at the scene a short while later.
Police are very keen to speak to the occupants of the BMW which was being driven in Hornchurch town centre in the company of two other cars shortly before the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are underway to trace its whereabouts and the driver with CCTV being examined.
Officers are in the process of informing next-of-kin and a post mortem examination will take place in due course.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call the witness line on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.