Police appeal after pedestrian is killed in hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A man in his fifties died early this morning after being struck by a vehicle in Hornchurch.
Detectives are urgently appealing for the driver of a black BMW 3 series which is believed to be involved in the fatal collision to come forward.
Officers were called to Albany Road, near the junction with Hornchurch Road, shortly after midnight to find a male pedestrian suffering from critical injuries after being struck by a car.
London Ambulance Service also attended and the man was pronounced dead at the scene a short while later.
Police are very keen to speak to the occupants of the BMW which was being driven in Hornchurch town centre in the company of two other cars shortly before the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are underway to trace its whereabouts and the driver with CCTV being examined.
Officers are in the process of informing next-of-kin and a post mortem examination will take place in due course.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 9 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 10 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call the witness line on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.