Police appeal after knifepoint robbery of Romford pizza shop
- Credit: Archant
Four men threatened staff at knifepoint and made off with a large amount of cash at a pizza shop in Romford.
Police were called at midnight on Wednesday, March 14, to reports of a robbery at a pizza takeaway shop in Brentwood Road, Romford.
Of the four suspects, three entered the shop, and one is believed to have acted as a look-out.
They are described as white males with accents, and are believed to be from the local area.
The four men made off on foot down Great Gardens Road in Hornchurch.
Det Con Billy Baxter, East Area Command CID, said: “Our initial investigation leads us to believe that this was a pre-planned robbery, with one suspect being used as a look-out.
“We are appealing to anyone who recognises the people in the CCTV footage or know who was behind this, or any information that may assist us with our investigation to come forward and speak to us.”
- 1 Man in critical condition after 'deliberate' hit and run in Hornchurch
- 2 3 Romford arrests in modern slavery, cannabis and money laundering probe
- 3 Owner calls support for new Gidea Park pizzeria 'overwhelming'
- 4 Council to inspect 'dangerous' space outside Upminster homes
- 5 Councillor leaves HRA group on council over Labour agreement
- 6 ‘Lawless’: Further issues raised with state and maintenance of Romford car park
- 7 Hundreds oppose Harold Wood scheme to stop cars driving around schools at peak times
- 8 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 9 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 10 Permission granted for streetlights along footpath to hospital
Anyone who may have any information is asked to contact the East Area CID on 0208 345 1622, or report anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.