Police appeal after knifepoint robbery of Romford pizza shop
- Credit: Archant
Four men threatened staff at knifepoint and made off with a large amount of cash at a pizza shop in Romford.
Police were called at midnight on Wednesday, March 14, to reports of a robbery at a pizza takeaway shop in Brentwood Road, Romford.
Of the four suspects, three entered the shop, and one is believed to have acted as a look-out.
They are described as white males with accents, and are believed to be from the local area.
The four men made off on foot down Great Gardens Road in Hornchurch.
Det Con Billy Baxter, East Area Command CID, said: “Our initial investigation leads us to believe that this was a pre-planned robbery, with one suspect being used as a look-out.
“We are appealing to anyone who recognises the people in the CCTV footage or know who was behind this, or any information that may assist us with our investigation to come forward and speak to us.”
- 1 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Aklu Plaza submits plans to convert third floor into banqueting suite
- 4 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 5 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 8 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 9 Rainham councillors publish 'plan B' for Beam Park transport links
- 10 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
Anyone who may have any information is asked to contact the East Area CID on 0208 345 1622, or report anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.