Police appeal after acid attack on 28-year-old woman in Marshalls Road, Romford
- Credit: Archant
A young woman has been left with facial and arm injuries after a stranger threw acid in her face as she answered the door.
The 28-year-old is in a specialist burns unit after the incident on Tuesday April 30 in Marshalls Road, Romford at 9.20pm.
The woman answered her door just before 9pm to a man asking for Michelle, which is not the victim’s name.
Police have said that 30 minutes later the man returned and when the victim answered the door, the man squirted an unidentified substance in her face.
The woman managed to shut her door and rinse her face with water while an ambulance was called.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as a white, short male about 20-years-old wearing black clothing who spoke with a foreign accent.
Officers from Havering CID are investigating and they have said that they are keeping an “open mind” regarding the motive.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 4 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 7 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood
DC Paul Swift from Romford CID said: “This was a cowardly attack during which the victim suffered substantial injuries and I would appeal to anyone who may have witnessed this offence, a male loitering around the area before the incident occurred or has knowledge of this matter to come forward.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call Havering CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.