Person killed by train in Romford
- Credit: Archant
A person has died after being hit by a train in Romford station.
Trains are in a standstill in the area and will be “for the time being”, operators Greater Anglia has confirmed, with all four lines closed.
The person was hit at around 4.20pm by the 3.30pm service from Southend Victoria to Liverpool Street.
The London Ambulance Service (LAS) attended the scene with two crews and a single responder.
“Sadly one person was dead at the scene,” an LAS spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
British Transport Police are also at the station.
If you were affected by this please contact Sam on 0208 477 3892 or email@example.com
• Anyone emotionally affected by this incident can contact Havering Samaritans on 01708 740000. You can also visit their website.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 7 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 8 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 9 Wanstead and Havering residents 'make noise' for proportional representation
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder