Person killed by train in Romford
- Credit: Archant
A person has died after being hit by a train in Romford station.
Trains are in a standstill in the area and will be “for the time being”, operators Greater Anglia has confirmed, with all four lines closed.
The person was hit at around 4.20pm by the 3.30pm service from Southend Victoria to Liverpool Street.
The London Ambulance Service (LAS) attended the scene with two crews and a single responder.
“Sadly one person was dead at the scene,” an LAS spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
British Transport Police are also at the station.
If you were affected by this please contact Sam on 0208 477 3892 or email@example.com
• Anyone emotionally affected by this incident can contact Havering Samaritans on 01708 740000. You can also visit their website.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 5 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 6 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 7 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 8 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused
- 9 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 10 Romford church to offer new debt support scheme