‘Pensioner’ steals Romford schoolboy’s birthday puppy
An elderly woman is believed to have stolen an eight-year-old boy’s puppy, weeks after it had been given as a birthday present.
Pinewood Primary School pupil Sabion Fregjaj was left devastated after his two-month-old Staffordshire Bull Terrier was stolen while tied up outside Lidl in Atlanta Road, Romford.
Sabion and dad Nexhmi, of Collier Row Lane, had tied up black and white puppy Bully for just 10 minutes while they shopped in the store around 11.30pm on Thursday March 1.
When they returned the dog was gone, with witnesses claiming to have seen a woman aged around 65-years-old taking it.
Nexhmi, coach of the Romford under-10’s football team, had given Sabion the puppy as a special birthday present for his efforts on the field.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Sabion is so upset, he keeps waking up in the middle of the night.
“People said they saw a woman over-65 stealing it. But there’s no more information. “There were two security guards there but they didn’t see anything.
- 1 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 2 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 3 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 4 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 5 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 6 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 7 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 8 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 9 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
Please if anyone can help us find our dog, there must be someone who knows who did this.”
The theft comes just days after nine-week-old puppy Gucci was stolen from a Romford house during a burglary.
The Asmantas family of Meadow Road had the brindle Boxer stolen along with �3,000 worth of jewellery on February 24.
Anyone with information should call Romford police on 101.