PCSO’s cannabis factory find in Gidea Park
A QUICK-thinking Havering police community support officer sniffed out a cannabis factory.
PCSO Carl Simonovitch was on patrol around his patch in the Squirrels Heath ward when he spotted a man behaving suspiciously close to a car known to be involved in drug supply.
He kept the suspect under observation, and waited for back-up from constables from his Safer Neighbourhood Team. They then moved in and found the man carrying a number of wraps of cannabis.
And during a search of an address in Station Road, Gidea Park they obtained from him, the officers uncovered a factory on December 17, complete with hydroponic growing equipment in a house where the drug “farmers” were abstracting electricity illegally.
Sgt Jim Cullen praised the work of his team and said: “This was an excellent example of pro-active policing and the effective team work by officers supporting PCSO colleagues led to the arrest of three suspects. I am very proud of the good work by all those involved.”
You may also want to watch:
One man was cautioned for possession of cannabis and two were bailed to return to a police station pending further inquiries.
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 3 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 6 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 7 Elm Park pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 9 Five-year-old Ezra cycles 500km for charity
- 10 Hopefield Animal Sanctuary welcomes visitors after lockdown