PCSO’s cannabis factory find in Gidea Park
A QUICK-thinking Havering police community support officer sniffed out a cannabis factory.
PCSO Carl Simonovitch was on patrol around his patch in the Squirrels Heath ward when he spotted a man behaving suspiciously close to a car known to be involved in drug supply.
He kept the suspect under observation, and waited for back-up from constables from his Safer Neighbourhood Team. They then moved in and found the man carrying a number of wraps of cannabis.
And during a search of an address in Station Road, Gidea Park they obtained from him, the officers uncovered a factory on December 17, complete with hydroponic growing equipment in a house where the drug “farmers” were abstracting electricity illegally.
Sgt Jim Cullen praised the work of his team and said: “This was an excellent example of pro-active policing and the effective team work by officers supporting PCSO colleagues led to the arrest of three suspects. I am very proud of the good work by all those involved.”
You may also want to watch:
One man was cautioned for possession of cannabis and two were bailed to return to a police station pending further inquiries.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 8 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 9 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 10 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'