Paedophile who taught at Havering special needs schools to be sentenced
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A paedophile who taught at Havering special needs school will be sentenced today.
David Bright pleaded guilty to 13 counts of making and possessing indecent images of children as well as one count of sexual touching of a child under 13 on September 2.
The 30-year-old will be sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
Furious parents said the first they knew of Bright’s crime was when they read the Recorder’s exclusive report last month.
One said they were “disgusted” while another called it a “disgrace.”
You may also want to watch:
Bright, of Brentwood, was first arrested in November last year and charged the following month.
It is not alleged that any of the offences took place at a school.
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 5 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 Polling places review underway ahead of 2022 ward increase
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
Bright is thought to have made thousands of images of children but police have only been able to identify three youngsters.
One image shows him pushing apart a boy’s legs while he is on the toilet.