Paedophile who taught at Havering special needs schools to be sentenced
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A paedophile who taught at Havering special needs school will be sentenced today.
David Bright pleaded guilty to 13 counts of making and possessing indecent images of children as well as one count of sexual touching of a child under 13 on September 2.
The 30-year-old will be sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
Furious parents said the first they knew of Bright’s crime was when they read the Recorder’s exclusive report last month.
One said they were “disgusted” while another called it a “disgrace.”
You may also want to watch:
Bright, of Brentwood, was first arrested in November last year and charged the following month.
It is not alleged that any of the offences took place at a school.
- 1 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 2 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 3 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 6 Sewage floods home of family with one-day-old newborn after heavy rain
- 7 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 10 Drains in area repeatedly flooded to be next inspected during bad weather
Bright is thought to have made thousands of images of children but police have only been able to identify three youngsters.
One image shows him pushing apart a boy’s legs while he is on the toilet.