Paedophile who taught at Havering special needs schools to be sentenced
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A paedophile who taught at Havering special needs school will be sentenced today.
David Bright pleaded guilty to 13 counts of making and possessing indecent images of children as well as one count of sexual touching of a child under 13 on September 2.
The 30-year-old will be sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
Furious parents said the first they knew of Bright’s crime was when they read the Recorder’s exclusive report last month.
One said they were “disgusted” while another called it a “disgrace.”
You may also want to watch:
Bright, of Brentwood, was first arrested in November last year and charged the following month.
It is not alleged that any of the offences took place at a school.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
Bright is thought to have made thousands of images of children but police have only been able to identify three youngsters.
One image shows him pushing apart a boy’s legs while he is on the toilet.