Paedophile who taught at Havering special needs schools to be sentenced
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A paedophile who taught at Havering special needs school will be sentenced today.
David Bright pleaded guilty to 13 counts of making and possessing indecent images of children as well as one count of sexual touching of a child under 13 on September 2.
The 30-year-old will be sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
Furious parents said the first they knew of Bright’s crime was when they read the Recorder’s exclusive report last month.
One said they were “disgusted” while another called it a “disgrace.”
You may also want to watch:
Bright, of Brentwood, was first arrested in November last year and charged the following month.
It is not alleged that any of the offences took place at a school.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 3 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 4 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 5 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 8 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 9 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 10 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
Bright is thought to have made thousands of images of children but police have only been able to identify three youngsters.
One image shows him pushing apart a boy’s legs while he is on the toilet.