Paedophile who taught at Havering special needs schools to be sentenced
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A paedophile who taught at Havering special needs school will be sentenced today.
David Bright pleaded guilty to 13 counts of making and possessing indecent images of children as well as one count of sexual touching of a child under 13 on September 2.
The 30-year-old will be sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
Furious parents said the first they knew of Bright’s crime was when they read the Recorder’s exclusive report last month.
One said they were “disgusted” while another called it a “disgrace.”
Bright, of Brentwood, was first arrested in November last year and charged the following month.
It is not alleged that any of the offences took place at a school.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Here are five top-rated delicious 'cheap eats' in Havering, according to Tripadvisor
- 3 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
- 4 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 5 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 6 'Irreversible stress': Nearly 2,000 oppose move to suspend Cranham and Upminster midwifery service
- 7 TOWIE stars and West Ham footballer attend Upminster health centre's launch
- 8 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 9 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
Bright is thought to have made thousands of images of children but police have only been able to identify three youngsters.
One image shows him pushing apart a boy’s legs while he is on the toilet.