One suspect for multiple criminal damage incidents in Hornchurch
- Credit: Archant
One man is believed to be responsible for persistent criminal damage in Hornchurch after CCTV footage shows him pulling up plants by the root and nonchalantly discarding them back into the gardens which they came from.
The damaged foliage on Central Drive includes shrubs such as laurels and privets.
Sgt Darren Hepple, of Hacton Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “There have been several reports of criminal damage of a similar nature in the area and we believe that one person may be responsible.”
The video was captured in the early hours of Saturday morning by a resident who has suffered a number of incidents to his garden and was determined to catch the perpetrator.
Police also believe the same man has caused criminal damage to cars in the area and are appealing for the public’s assistance in getting to the root of the problem.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the man in the CCTV should contact police on 020 8721 2593 or 101 quoting reference number 5411013/14.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 4 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 7 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood