One suspect for multiple criminal damage incidents in Hornchurch
- Credit: Archant
One man is believed to be responsible for persistent criminal damage in Hornchurch after CCTV footage shows him pulling up plants by the root and nonchalantly discarding them back into the gardens which they came from.
The damaged foliage on Central Drive includes shrubs such as laurels and privets.
Sgt Darren Hepple, of Hacton Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “There have been several reports of criminal damage of a similar nature in the area and we believe that one person may be responsible.”
The video was captured in the early hours of Saturday morning by a resident who has suffered a number of incidents to his garden and was determined to catch the perpetrator.
Police also believe the same man has caused criminal damage to cars in the area and are appealing for the public’s assistance in getting to the root of the problem.
Anyone who recognises the man in the CCTV should contact police on 020 8721 2593 or 101 quoting reference number 5411013/14.
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 3 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 4 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 5 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 6 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
- 7 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
- 8 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 9 'Abused, slapped and spat at': New Romford shopping centre tells of racist abuse suffered by staff
- 10 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October