One suspect for multiple criminal damage incidents in Hornchurch
- Credit: Archant
One man is believed to be responsible for persistent criminal damage in Hornchurch after CCTV footage shows him pulling up plants by the root and nonchalantly discarding them back into the gardens which they came from.
The damaged foliage on Central Drive includes shrubs such as laurels and privets.
Sgt Darren Hepple, of Hacton Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “There have been several reports of criminal damage of a similar nature in the area and we believe that one person may be responsible.”
The video was captured in the early hours of Saturday morning by a resident who has suffered a number of incidents to his garden and was determined to catch the perpetrator.
Police also believe the same man has caused criminal damage to cars in the area and are appealing for the public’s assistance in getting to the root of the problem.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the man in the CCTV should contact police on 020 8721 2593 or 101 quoting reference number 5411013/14.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 9 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week