One of Britain’s most dangerous foreign suspects ‘living in Havering’, police warn
- Credit: Archant
A manhunt is underway to find one of Europe’s most dangerous men, thought to be hiding in Havering. Romanian Constantin Niciu, 34, who is wanted in connection with abducting two men who refused to assist in trafficking women, is being chased by police here and abroad.
His alleged victims were tied up, beaten with a plank of wood and their mobile phones and car stolen.
Niciu, who also goes by the name Claudin Fagas, is also wanted for recall to prison by police in Redbridge.
If caught, Niciu, who police warn should not be approached, will be extradited to face justice abroad.
He is one of 18 “high-risk” men and women from across the continent and Turkey being sought for a range of serious crimes, including alleged murder, rape and violent robbery.
You may also want to watch:
Extensive police enquiries have not yet revealed their whereabouts.
Det Sgt Peter Rance, from the Met’s extradition unit said: “Maybe you know where these people live, work or socialise?
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 5 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 6 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 7 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 8 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 9 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 10 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
“They are wanted to face justice for a multitude of crimes in other countries and it is in the UK’s interests to help find them.
“If you have any information about these people, please call Crimestoppers so we can arrest them. If you see them call 999 and do not approach them.”
Founder and chairman of Crimestoppers, Lord Ashcroft, said: “Crimestoppers believes in the right to live without the fear of crime and we are encouraging the public to call us completely anonymously if they recognise any of these 18 individuals or have any information as to their whereabouts.
Contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
The details of all 18 suspects are on www.crimestoppers-uk.org