New Lidl store in Harold Hill to open next week
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The opening date for the new Lidl store in Harold Hill has been delayed for a week because of car park surfacing-works not being completed.
The German giants confirmed to the Recorder that the supermarket on Gooshaye Drive will open its doors for the first time on Thursday, May 17.
Customers are invited to attend the ribbon-cutting ceremony at 8am and will be offered the chance to sample some of Lidl’s products throughout the day, along with exclusive deals and offers on selected products for the first week of opening.
The new supermarket forms part of the company’s ongoing expansion and regeneration plans in the UK and has created 40 new jobs for the local community.
The store has a 1,111m sales area and features facilities such as an in-store bakery, longer-style tills with dual packing, customer toilets and baby changing.
You may also want to watch:
Lidl UK’s regional head of property, Olu Johnson, said: “We would like to thank all those who have played a part in bringing this new Lidl store to Harold Hill. It is great for us to be able to create more jobs and investment opportunities in the area, and we can’t wait to start serving our multi-award winning products to the local community.”
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 7 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor