New Lidl store in Harold Hill to open next week
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The opening date for the new Lidl store in Harold Hill has been delayed for a week because of car park surfacing-works not being completed.
The German giants confirmed to the Recorder that the supermarket on Gooshaye Drive will open its doors for the first time on Thursday, May 17.
Customers are invited to attend the ribbon-cutting ceremony at 8am and will be offered the chance to sample some of Lidl’s products throughout the day, along with exclusive deals and offers on selected products for the first week of opening.
The new supermarket forms part of the company’s ongoing expansion and regeneration plans in the UK and has created 40 new jobs for the local community.
The store has a 1,111m sales area and features facilities such as an in-store bakery, longer-style tills with dual packing, customer toilets and baby changing.
You may also want to watch:
Lidl UK’s regional head of property, Olu Johnson, said: “We would like to thank all those who have played a part in bringing this new Lidl store to Harold Hill. It is great for us to be able to create more jobs and investment opportunities in the area, and we can’t wait to start serving our multi-award winning products to the local community.”
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 9 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months