Neighbours describe hearing screams after 28-year-old Tara Quigley has acid squirted in her face in Marshalls Road, Romford
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours today described hearing screams as a woman was attacked on her own doorstep by a man who squirted acid in her face.
Tara Quigley, 28 has been left with substantial face and arm injuries after the attack outside her home in Marshalls Road, Romford.
Police have said that Tara answered her door just before 9pm on Tuesday to a man asking for “Michelle”.
But 30 minutes later the man returned and squirted an unidentified substance- believed to be acid in her face.
Tara managed to shut her door and splash water on her wounds while an ambulance was called.
You may also want to watch:
A neighbour who didn’t want to be named said: “I didn’t see what happened, but I could hear screaming and someone running away.
“When I looked outside I saw the police and ambulance.”
- 1 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 2 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 3 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 6 Havering pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Fundraiser launched for £1,500 to buy Elm Park defibrillator
- 8 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 9 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 10 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
Another neighbour said: “I looked outside and I saw the woman coming out of the house with bandages all over her face.”
Tara was taken to a specialist burns unit and police have said that she is in a stable condition.
The suspect is described as a white, short male aged about 20, wearing black clothing, who spoke wit a foreign accent.
Officers from Havering Borough CID say that they are keeping an “open mind” regarding the motive.
DC Paul Swift described it as a “cowardly attack”.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call Havering CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Do you know Tara? If so call the Recorder newsdesk on 0208 477 3988.