More frontline officers available for the borough as Euro 2016 kicks off
- Credit: PA WIRE
More officers will be available to Havering Police during the next month as pubs and clubs are set to fill for Euro 2016.
With the tournament kicking off tonight, officers will be on hand to deal with a “small minority of fans” who may spoil the night for others.
Borough Commander Jason Gwillim said: “We are looking forward to Euro 2016 and hope we are successful from a football prospective, we want supporters to be safe and enjoy the events this summer and the majority of fans will do just that.
“Sadly there will always be a small minority of people whose actions could spoil the events for others. Those people will be dealt with appropriately.
“We have been working with Havering Borough council licensing officers to supply guidance to pub licensees reminding them of their responsibilities to prevent any alcohol-related anti-social behaviour during the competition.”
You may also want to watch:
Havering Police has also issued caution for anyone planning to consume alcohol while watching the games.
Officers want people to think about their journey home and to leave the car at home if they are planning to go out for a drink.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 7 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 8 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering