Moped crime hotspot map: Havering’s roads which have caught readers’ attention
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Angry parents have had enough of moped gangs causing havoc on what were once quiet residential streets and the Recorder is backing their calls for action.
Mugging children, stealing motorbikes and intimidating drivers are just some of the offences they have been committing since the beginning of the year.
Readers have been sharing their stories and we have had a massive response.
In one incident, a woman was hit by a scooter during an attempted robbery and the two suspects failed to stop at the scene.
During another, four children were robbed outside KFC in Cherry Tree Lane, Rainham, by around 10 people on mopeds, threatening them with knives.
You may also want to watch:
The Recorder has put together this moped crime hotspot map for readers.
Do you know of any areas we should include on the map? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 8 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice