Moped crime hotspot map: Havering’s roads which have caught readers’ attention
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Angry parents have had enough of moped gangs causing havoc on what were once quiet residential streets and the Recorder is backing their calls for action.
Mugging children, stealing motorbikes and intimidating drivers are just some of the offences they have been committing since the beginning of the year.
Readers have been sharing their stories and we have had a massive response.
In one incident, a woman was hit by a scooter during an attempted robbery and the two suspects failed to stop at the scene.
During another, four children were robbed outside KFC in Cherry Tree Lane, Rainham, by around 10 people on mopeds, threatening them with knives.
You may also want to watch:
The Recorder has put together this moped crime hotspot map for readers.
Do you know of any areas we should include on the map? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 2 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 3 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 4 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 5 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 6 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 7 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 8 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 9 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 10 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding