Moped crime hotspot map: Havering’s roads which have caught readers’ attention
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Angry parents have had enough of moped gangs causing havoc on what were once quiet residential streets and the Recorder is backing their calls for action.
Mugging children, stealing motorbikes and intimidating drivers are just some of the offences they have been committing since the beginning of the year.
Readers have been sharing their stories and we have had a massive response.
In one incident, a woman was hit by a scooter during an attempted robbery and the two suspects failed to stop at the scene.
During another, four children were robbed outside KFC in Cherry Tree Lane, Rainham, by around 10 people on mopeds, threatening them with knives.
The Recorder has put together this moped crime hotspot map for readers.
Do you know of any areas we should include on the map? Email email@example.com
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 5 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 6 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 7 Hornchurch man sentenced for child exploitation and animal porn
- 8 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 9 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 10 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement