Moped crime hotspot map: Havering’s roads which have caught readers’ attention
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Angry parents have had enough of moped gangs causing havoc on what were once quiet residential streets and the Recorder is backing their calls for action.
Mugging children, stealing motorbikes and intimidating drivers are just some of the offences they have been committing since the beginning of the year.
Readers have been sharing their stories and we have had a massive response.
In one incident, a woman was hit by a scooter during an attempted robbery and the two suspects failed to stop at the scene.
During another, four children were robbed outside KFC in Cherry Tree Lane, Rainham, by around 10 people on mopeds, threatening them with knives.
You may also want to watch:
The Recorder has put together this moped crime hotspot map for readers.
Do you know of any areas we should include on the map? Email email@example.com
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 5 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 6 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 7 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 8 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 9 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 10 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions