Moped crime hotspot map: Havering’s roads which have caught readers’ attention
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Angry parents have had enough of moped gangs causing havoc on what were once quiet residential streets and the Recorder is backing their calls for action.
Mugging children, stealing motorbikes and intimidating drivers are just some of the offences they have been committing since the beginning of the year.
Readers have been sharing their stories and we have had a massive response.
In one incident, a woman was hit by a scooter during an attempted robbery and the two suspects failed to stop at the scene.
During another, four children were robbed outside KFC in Cherry Tree Lane, Rainham, by around 10 people on mopeds, threatening them with knives.
You may also want to watch:
The Recorder has put together this moped crime hotspot map for readers.
Do you know of any areas we should include on the map? Email email@example.com
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 8 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 9 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back