Misstasia’s Kelvedon Hatch singer set to appear on Britain’s Got Talent tonight
- Credit: Archant
A rising star is hoping her band’s “magical” sound will impress on a TV talent show.
Katie Lawrence, 23, from Kelvedon Hatch, is hoping her band Misstasia – a four-piece vocal group which performs Disney classics – will do enough to get through to the final of ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent (BGT).
The band is set to perform during a live semi-final tonight after impressing judges at an audition.
Former St Martin’s School pupil Katie said: “We got really good feedback from the judges – David [Walliams] said we were magical.”
She added: “I’m really happy we’ve made it this far, we can’t believe it.”
You may also want to watch:
The singer is hoping the group’s take on the classic children’s songs will win the public’s votes.
“It’s never been done before,” she said.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 9 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
“We want to get across that our sound is mature too – on Twitter we’ve had grown men who have loved our sound.
“They’re just such classics and everyone knows them and we’re bringing them back with a modern twist.”
To vote visit itv.com/britainsgottalent