Misstasia’s Kelvedon Hatch singer set to appear on Britain’s Got Talent tonight
- Credit: Archant
A rising star is hoping her band’s “magical” sound will impress on a TV talent show.
Katie Lawrence, 23, from Kelvedon Hatch, is hoping her band Misstasia – a four-piece vocal group which performs Disney classics – will do enough to get through to the final of ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent (BGT).
The band is set to perform during a live semi-final tonight after impressing judges at an audition.
Former St Martin’s School pupil Katie said: “We got really good feedback from the judges – David [Walliams] said we were magical.”
She added: “I’m really happy we’ve made it this far, we can’t believe it.”
You may also want to watch:
The singer is hoping the group’s take on the classic children’s songs will win the public’s votes.
“It’s never been done before,” she said.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 6 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 7 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 8 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 9 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
“We want to get across that our sound is mature too – on Twitter we’ve had grown men who have loved our sound.
“They’re just such classics and everyone knows them and we’re bringing them back with a modern twist.”
To vote visit itv.com/britainsgottalent