Misstasia’s Kelvedon Hatch singer set to appear on Britain’s Got Talent tonight
- Credit: Archant
A rising star is hoping her band’s “magical” sound will impress on a TV talent show.
Katie Lawrence, 23, from Kelvedon Hatch, is hoping her band Misstasia – a four-piece vocal group which performs Disney classics – will do enough to get through to the final of ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent (BGT).
The band is set to perform during a live semi-final tonight after impressing judges at an audition.
Former St Martin’s School pupil Katie said: “We got really good feedback from the judges – David [Walliams] said we were magical.”
She added: “I’m really happy we’ve made it this far, we can’t believe it.”
You may also want to watch:
The singer is hoping the group’s take on the classic children’s songs will win the public’s votes.
“It’s never been done before,” she said.
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 3 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 Second phase of St George's Park development now underway
- 6 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 9 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 10 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
“We want to get across that our sound is mature too – on Twitter we’ve had grown men who have loved our sound.
“They’re just such classics and everyone knows them and we’re bringing them back with a modern twist.”
To vote visit itv.com/britainsgottalent