Misstasia’s Kelvedon Hatch singer set to appear on Britain’s Got Talent tonight
- Credit: Archant
A rising star is hoping her band’s “magical” sound will impress on a TV talent show.
Katie Lawrence, 23, from Kelvedon Hatch, is hoping her band Misstasia – a four-piece vocal group which performs Disney classics – will do enough to get through to the final of ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent (BGT).
The band is set to perform during a live semi-final tonight after impressing judges at an audition.
Former St Martin’s School pupil Katie said: “We got really good feedback from the judges – David [Walliams] said we were magical.”
She added: “I’m really happy we’ve made it this far, we can’t believe it.”
The singer is hoping the group’s take on the classic children’s songs will win the public’s votes.
“It’s never been done before,” she said.
- 1 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 2 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 3 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 4 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 5 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 6 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 7 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack
- 8 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 9 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 10 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
“We want to get across that our sound is mature too – on Twitter we’ve had grown men who have loved our sound.
“They’re just such classics and everyone knows them and we’re bringing them back with a modern twist.”
To vote visit itv.com/britainsgottalent