Minicab driver threatened with gun in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
Five youths have been arrested after a minicab driver was threatened with a gun in broad daylight.
Armed police were called to Upminster Road South, Rainham, at 11.45am yesterday after reports were made.
Three boys and two girls were arrested as they left an address in the nearby Cowper Road.
They remain in custody at an east London police station on suspicion of possession of a firearm and criminal damage.
No gun has been recovered, but a search of the address will take place in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Havering are investigating and enquiries continue.
Cowper Road was taped off for much of yesterday as police dealt with the situation.
- 1 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 2 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 3 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 4 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 7 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 8 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 9 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 10 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival