Minicab driver threatened with gun in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
Five youths have been arrested after a minicab driver was threatened with a gun in broad daylight.
Armed police were called to Upminster Road South, Rainham, at 11.45am yesterday after reports were made.
Three boys and two girls were arrested as they left an address in the nearby Cowper Road.
They remain in custody at an east London police station on suspicion of possession of a firearm and criminal damage.
No gun has been recovered, but a search of the address will take place in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Havering are investigating and enquiries continue.
Cowper Road was taped off for much of yesterday as police dealt with the situation.
- 1 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 2 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 3 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 4 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
- 5 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 6 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 7 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 8 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 9 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 10 Brookside Theatre appeals for help repairing windows