Minicab driver threatened with gun in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
Five youths have been arrested after a minicab driver was threatened with a gun in broad daylight.
Armed police were called to Upminster Road South, Rainham, at 11.45am yesterday after reports were made.
Three boys and two girls were arrested as they left an address in the nearby Cowper Road.
They remain in custody at an east London police station on suspicion of possession of a firearm and criminal damage.
No gun has been recovered, but a search of the address will take place in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Havering are investigating and enquiries continue.
Cowper Road was taped off for much of yesterday as police dealt with the situation.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 6 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel