Minicab driver threatened with gun in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
Five youths have been arrested after a minicab driver was threatened with a gun in broad daylight.
Armed police were called to Upminster Road South, Rainham, at 11.45am yesterday after reports were made.
Three boys and two girls were arrested as they left an address in the nearby Cowper Road.
They remain in custody at an east London police station on suspicion of possession of a firearm and criminal damage.
No gun has been recovered, but a search of the address will take place in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Havering are investigating and enquiries continue.
Cowper Road was taped off for much of yesterday as police dealt with the situation.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 4 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 7 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 8 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 More than 100 attend first session of gangs awareness workshop run by detective