Men ‘from Iraq’ found in the back of a lorry transporting Ferraris on M25 towards Romford
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of entering the UK illegally after officers pulled over a lorry transporting Ferraris.
The stowaways were found by police on Wednesday just before 1pm on the M25 at junction 29.
After telling officers they were from Iraq, the men were taken to Romford Police station for further questioning.
An Essex Police spokesman said: “Police were called to reports of people in the back of a lorry on the M25 at around 12.55pm.
“Officers attended and two people were arrested.”
Border Force UK officers have now taken on the case and will probe whether the two men have the right to be in Britain or not.
- 1 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 2 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Pupils explore great outdoors at primary's 'forest school'
- 7 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 8 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 9 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns