Men ‘from Iraq’ found in the back of a lorry transporting Ferraris on M25 towards Romford
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of entering the UK illegally after officers pulled over a lorry transporting Ferraris.
The stowaways were found by police on Wednesday just before 1pm on the M25 at junction 29.
After telling officers they were from Iraq, the men were taken to Romford Police station for further questioning.
An Essex Police spokesman said: “Police were called to reports of people in the back of a lorry on the M25 at around 12.55pm.
“Officers attended and two people were arrested.”
You may also want to watch:
Border Force UK officers have now taken on the case and will probe whether the two men have the right to be in Britain or not.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage