Men ‘from Iraq’ found in the back of a lorry transporting Ferraris on M25 towards Romford
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of entering the UK illegally after officers pulled over a lorry transporting Ferraris.
The stowaways were found by police on Wednesday just before 1pm on the M25 at junction 29.
After telling officers they were from Iraq, the men were taken to Romford Police station for further questioning.
An Essex Police spokesman said: “Police were called to reports of people in the back of a lorry on the M25 at around 12.55pm.
“Officers attended and two people were arrested.”
You may also want to watch:
Border Force UK officers have now taken on the case and will probe whether the two men have the right to be in Britain or not.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 5 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 6 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 7 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 8 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 9 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 10 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome