Manhunt launched after thug partially bites off minicab driver’s nose during ‘unprovoked attack’ in Noak Hill
- Credit: Archant
Havering Police are appealing for the public’s help tracing a man wanted in connection with an assault that saw a mini-cab driver’s nose partially bitten off.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman confirmed officers were called to Church Road, near the junction with Benskins Lane in Noak Hill, at 11.55pm on Saturday, May 26.
They found a minicab driver in his 50s who had been assaulted by a man he had taken as a fare.
After the assault, the suspect also stole a quantity of cash from the vehicle before running off.
Redbridge MPS declared the incident an “unprovoked attack” as they launched a public appeal from their Twitter page.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was taken to hospital for treatment to his injuries, including having a piece of his nose bitten off.
He remains in hospital.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
There have been no arrests; enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is asked to contact officers from the East Area CID on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting ref: 9391/26May or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.